Mobile Service AP Technician - Phoenix, AZ Area
Cirrus Aircrafts Mission is to deliver an aviation experience that is the pinnacle of innovation, quality, and safety to our customers. Cirrus Aircraft is the recognized global leader in personal aviation and the maker of the best-selling SR Series piston aircraft and the Vision Jettrade;, the worlds first single engine Personal Jet and recipient of the 2017 Robert J. Collier Trophy. Founded in 1984, the company has redefined performance, comfort and safety in aviation with innovations like the Cirrus Airframe Parachute Systemreg; (CAPSreg;) ndash; the first FAA-certified whole-airframe parachute safety system included as standard equipment on an aircraft. To date, worldwide flight time on Cirrus aircraft has passed nine million hours and over 170 people have returned home safely to their families as a result of the inclusion of CAPSreg; as a standard feature on all Cirrus aircraft. Find out more at www.cirrusaircraft.com.Cirrus offers a competitive benefits package and is dedicated to the advancement of general aviation. The Cirrus Flying Club offers employees and their family members the unique opportunity to obtain their private pilots license in the comfort of a Cirrus or rent a Cirrus for an impromptu adventure at a greatly reduced rate. We are committed to investing in the future of our employees and company by offering professional development and career progression opportunities and we engage employees by offering several employee and family events throughout the year, as well as the opportunity to take part in activity clubs and community events.Job SummaryMobile Service Technician will operate out of a fixed off-site location to travel to customers aircraft to perform scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance along with a variety of diagnostic and mechanical duties.Performs and documents all work completed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required. Working conditions include considerable travel and extended assignments within region and frequent face to face contact with customers.Airframe and Powerplant technicians are certified and licensed by the Federal Aviation Administration to perform maintenance, scheduled and unscheduled on airframes and engines on Cirrus aircraft.Field Support Representatives (FSRs) will assist partners, owners and pilots with maintenance, warranty questions and concerns, maintenance coordination, scheduling, and operational questions as needed.The FSR will also coordinate AOG support, parts, and repairs to return an aircraft to service as soon as possible. You will provide warranty authorizations within the policy guidelines of Cirrus Aircraft and its vendors and have the authority to make decisions outside of policy in the interest of customer satisfaction. Customer Field support is provided primarily by email and telephone.Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions (Mobile Van Technician)
- Perform mission critical repairs Return to Service work on AOG aircraft at off-site locations IAW FAA regulations all applicable technical data
- May be required to observe operation of mechanical systems during flight and troubleshoot problems for in-shop repairs
- Observe and maintain all requirements and criteria set forth by the Cirrus Part 145 Repair Station Manual who has authority oversight of all aircraft maintenance repair work
- Requires knowledge of inspection procedures set forth in FAR Part 145. Responsible for insuring documentation procedures are accomplished as required in FAR 43 and all other applicable FARs.
- Execute and maintain administration duties necessary to support our customers in the field (i.e: invoicing when needed, warranty claim submittal, etc)
- Orders and obtains parts necessary to effect aircraft repairs. Assures that cores are returned in accordance with established procedure
- Maintain the highest levels of professionalism in conduct and appearance while representing Cirrus Aircraft
- Will be responsible with overseeing the maintenance of the mobile service vehicle ensuring the vehicle is always properly maintained and roadworthy.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions (Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic)
- Examine replacement aircraft parts for defects
- Diagnose mechanical or electrical problems
- Read and understand maintenance manuals and other technical documents and identify repair procedures
- Repair wings, brakes, electrical systems, and other aircraft components
- Replace defective parts using approved tooling
- Test aircraft parts with proper diagnostic equipment
- Inspect complete work for compliance and performance standards
- Review and research aircraft records
- Interpret flight test data to diagnose malfunction and performance problems
- Assemble aircraft components, perform required measurement and testing
- Install system software and databases
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions (Customer Support Representative)
- Be the primary customer service technical support liaison between other departments within Cirrus or its customers, partners or vendors
- Support and promote company department directives with a positive attitude. Be able to give and receive candid and helpful feedback; willing to cooperate, consider, and work with others in the department and across the organization with positive attitude
- Remain flexible and dynamic, able to adapt to different roles and expectations regularly
- Support the regional team that you report too when needed / assigned by CSD. Remain flexible
- Prioritize and respond to phone and email requests for support in a timely manner
- Be a liaison for customer communications while coordinating internal and external support and logistics to resolve issues as quickly as possible
- Evaluate and provide warranty authorizations outside of normal policies when appropriate
- Practice the ldquo;Cirrus Service Essentialsrdquo; with all customer interactions
- Assume ownership from start to finish of a case
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess valid Drivers License
- Possess FAA Airframe and Power Plant Certificate
- Practical experience preferred
- Cirrus Experience/Factory Training a plus
- Aircraft composite experience preferred but not necessary
- Positive attitude and ability to translate that to customers and partners in high stress environments
- Ability to demonstrate high levels of flexibility to adapt to daily changes or adjusted job roles as needed
Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Drives Results: Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Ensures Accountability: Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Manages Complexity: Makes sense of complex, high quality, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Action Oriented: Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Plans and Aligns: Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Ensures Exceptional Customer Service:
- Energizes the Cirrus Service Essentials
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Anticipates guests needs and responds promptly.
- Displays guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Handles guest problems and complaints.
Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Work beyond 40 hours per week may be required. Cirrus is dedicated to a drug free work environment promoting equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, religion, pregnancy, veteran status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, receipt of public assistance, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.