Sheet Metal Specialist (Cabin Solutions)
The SM Specialist is responsible for part marking, materials prep and satin finish operations to fabricate parts and performing repairs within prescribed cycle-time/budgeted time and at HCS standards of quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Perform work as assigned utilizing routine and/or non-routine work cards and/or service bulletins.
• Perform typical sheet metal fabrication shop operations.
• Identify metals used for sheet metal fabrication.
• Hole preparation for fasteners.
• Understand characteristics of metals used in sheet metal parts fabrication.
• Develop basic understanding of blueprints and drawings.
• Develop layout for parts fabrication.
• Calculate shop mathematics to bend and cut sheet metal.
• Basic hand forming of metal parts.
• Install and remove fasteners.
• Safely operate all appropriate hand tools and other machinery associated with the SM shop.
• Assist with performance of maintenance and/or repairs as appropriate.
• Follow proper paperwork and documentation procedures.
• Comply with safety and company policies and use protective equipment as required.
Perform other duties as assigned
Accountable to the Production Supervisor
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Basic computer skills
• One (1) year shop experience in similar environment
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
• Must be able to learn to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, repair manuals, etc.
• Skilled in use of hand tools such as drill motors, screw gun, die grinder and routers
• Ability to work independently and follow through on large assignments to completion
• Ability to plan and foresee problems, identify alternative solutions and taking actions to limit bottlenecks
• Three (3) years shop experience in similar environment
• Ability to organize and plan with little or no supervision on large assignments.
• Proficient in reading and understanding of blueprints and drawings
• Ability to do microshaving and counterboring of sheet metal and fittings to assemblies
• Experience with design and fabricate molds and form blocks to form metal parts to meet engineering blueprints and requirements
• Proficient in forming complex shapes and parts to meet engineering specifications
• May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Subject to continual loud noises
• Visual acuity must be a minimum of 20/40 corrected
• Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, stand for prolonged periods of time; climb steps, ladders and/or service stands
• Must be able to safely work around hazardous chemicals, solvents, resins and adhesives