Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
Pay Range: $43-86
Citizenship Requirement: U.S.
Min years of experience: Minimum 10 years of experience in mechanical design, preferably in the Aerospace industry.
Degree Requirements: Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or another Engineering degree with a strong Mechanical Design focus from an accredited University.
The Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for driving the development of innovative electric aircraft systems from conception through assembly and then through test/validation. As a Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer at BETA Technologies, you will work with a small team to rapidly develop new technologies for our electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft. You will be expected to leverage your past industry experience and supplement with new knowledge gained through research and experimentation as you design, build and validate critical systems and structures throughout the aircraft.
You will have CAD modeling and structural, thermal, and CFD analysis tools at your disposal to help you ensure that your designs are meeting or exceeding all design, safety, and regulatory requirements. You will be challenged every day and probably have a lot of fun.
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking (your Knowledge, Experience, and Abilities):
- Extensive knowledge of typical rotorcraft Fuselage structures and Fixed Wing Fuselage structures
- Extensive knowledge of self-stiffened skins and frames construction and sandwich skins and frame construction is an asset
- Mastery of 3D CAD software (Catia/ENOVIA preferred) with experience in Structural analysis (pre-sizing)
- Experience in most of the following areas of design and test: Composites, Thermal design, Structural Analysis, Shock and Vibe
- Self-starter that is well organized, disciplined, team player, communication and leadership skills required
- Google G -Suite including drive, mail, calendar, docs, sheets, slides, charts, hangouts; slack, application lifecycle
Benefits provided: 6 paid holidays, 401K, medical, dental, and vision, sick time as applicable to state law
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity and inclusion for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.