Aircraft Assembly Mechanic
This is a W2 contract position. All shifts are available. No tools required. $110/wk per diem + per diem split available for qualified candidates. Assemble, install, seal, rig, inspect, and complete precision and other structural and system components, working from drawings, documents, process specifications, quality control requirements, and established processes and procedures. Functional test and correct, fit form and function of assemblies and components.
- Operate measurement and testing equipment, machines, and devices in accordance with established procedures.
- Load, locate and unload, parts and assemblies.
- Disassemble and prepare assemblies to accomplish rework, repair or change incorporation on completed assemblies.
- Drill, saw, file, sand, build up, trim, fit, and fasten parts to meet production requirements utilizing any required hand or power tools.
- Fabricate, assemble, and install systems elements.
- Maintain or repair tools, shop aids, equipment, and facilities as necessary to accomplish work assignments including first-level maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Candidates must also possess the willingness to work assigned shifts and overtime as required; as well as the ability to work on concrete floors, uneven surfaces, and in confined spaces, as well as walk on open floor beams, climb of stairs/scaffolding, crawl/kneel in work station, and life/move parts and/or tools.
- All applicants must be willing to work any shift, including alternative work weeks.
Need to have a minimum of 2+ years aircraft sheet metal assembly - preferably large structures. Must have heavy background of sealing, drilling and countersinking. Need at least some experience building the structure of the aircraft - not exclusively MRO experience. Keywords the manager is looking for on resumes:
- Sheetmetal or Sheet metal