AP Mechanics - Dallas, TX
STS Technical Services now offers A&P Mechanics jobs in Dallas, Texas!
Under minimal supervision, performs inspections, maintenance, and repairs of moderate to advanced complexity on aircraft systems and structures.
- Communicate as required to receive and understand work assignments. Perform complex aircraft inspections, repairs, and modifications with minimal supervision
- Coordinate with MTL, STM, and the Inspection Department to ensure compliance with internal and FAA inspection and documentation requirements. Properly complete CMP cards, work order sign-offs, and other paperwork in a timely and accurate manner. Assist as needed with shift turnovers
- Ensure that all work accomplished meets quality standards and specifications
- Properly identify (tag) customer property and equipment. Store aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely
- Follow standard operating procedures when operating ground support equipment (external power carts, hydraulic mules, hydraulic lift platforms, tow tugs, forklifts, compressed gas cylinders, etc.)
- Coordinate, accomplish, and assist with aircraft movement in hangar and ramp areas
- Provide training to less experienced technicians
- Protect customer property (PTP)
- Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic fluids, de-icing fluids, and solvent rags
- Apply 6S and Lean Initiatives to keep shops, hangars, and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered
- Implement and apply Lean/continuous improvement processes to all areas of responsibility
- Properly use and maintain Company-provided tools and equipment
- Return items to designated storage area after use
- Comply with safety rules and procedures
- Use protective equipment as required and be alert for unsafe conditions
- Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks, and sign-offs, and to charge labor to correct work orders
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED. Valid Drivers License required
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate and 2 years of aviation maintenance experience, or 4 years of aviation maintenance experience to include 2 years of experience working on mid/large-size aircraft required
What We Offer:
STS Technical Services works with the largest names in the aviation industry, offering hundreds of career opportunities across the United States. With over two decades of experience, we soar in our commitment to excellence and professionalism. We proudly offer competitive rates, direct deposits, medical insurance, cash advances, and referral bonuses.
If you would like to speak with an Aviation Recruitment Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787. Our job placement services are always free, and we are open seven days a week. Reach out at any time! Thanks so much for your interest in working with STS Technical Services, and we look forward to speaking with you soon.