AP Mechanics - Louisville, KY
STS Technical Services is hiring A&P Mechanics in Louisville, Kentucky.
The A&P Mechanic is responsible to perform functions assigned in the service, repair, and overhaul of aircraft and aircraft components, parts and accessories, in which they will be qualified and appropriately certificated for the work performed. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Shall positively support and promote safety, security, and quality as a fundamental function of the overall responsibility
- Inform his Supervisor/Lead immediately of any un-airworthy conditions found during performance of work assigned
- Keep a clean and safe work area at all times. Ensure that waste materials, paint, alodine, and other fluids are properly handled
- Coordinate with other departments as necessary to ensure a smooth and continuous workflow
- Read and use maintenance manuals, illustrated parts catalogs, blueprints, ATA codes, service bulletins, routine and non-routines and other related maintenance documents in order to troubleshoot and effectively complete work assignments, within assigned time lines
- Complete all tasks to the quality standards of Company, FAA, and approved maintenance manuals
- Perform such typical maintenance operations adjusting rigging and safety wiring. This includes power plant and flight control removal and reinstallation
- Repair, modify, replace or overhaul aircraft and aircraft systems to ensure airworthiness
- Ensures proper execution of parts tags attached to repairable, serviceable or condemned parts
- Ensure that the maintenance documents are accurate and properly annotated
- Use and operate safely all ground support equipment
- Ensure that GMM, and FAA regulations and procedures are followed
- FAA A&P License
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Occasional travel to perform duties away from base
- Two (2) years, aircraft maintenance experience. EMB 145 and CRJ 700/900 highly preferred.
- Transport category aircraft (Preferred)
- Must be able to read, write, and understand the English language
- Must provide own tools
- Valid, unrestricted Driver's License
- Accomplish all required servicing of the aircraft including wheel and brake replacement, engine oil servicing, replacing burnt out light bulbs, wiping down struts, etc
- Perform other duties as directed by their direct supervisor and/or direct manager
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stand; walk; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you#8217;re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.