Avionics, Long Term, Bridgewater, VA -Hvy-
Type of aircraft: CorporateLongevity: 6 monthsQuick feedback: YES call a recruiter today #8211; 1800-743-8988Summary Our client specializes in comprehensive airframe modification and integration solutions for government and commercial customers. They provide turn-key solutions for aircraft prototyping, integration, instrumentation and flight testing, and airworthiness certification. Our focus is on mechanical and electrical design, structural analysis, fatigue and damage tolerance analysis (DTA), static and dynamic testing, instrumentation and data acquisition, flight testing, test data analysis, and airworthiness planning and certification. Our staff includes in-house structural and electrical FAA DERs with approval authority for all Part 23, Part 25, CAR 3 and CAR 4b requirements, each with major repair and major alteration special delegation. We provide engineering support and services to a wide range of commercial and government agencies; as such, our client maintains working knowledge of airworthiness approval processes of the FAA, NASA, U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, and the U.S. Air Force.
- Installs, inspects, tests, adjusts, or repairs avionics equipment, such as communications, navigation, instrument systems and flight control systems in assigned aircraft. Performs tasks independently with little or no supervision
- Performs operational checks, bench checks, troubleshoots, and isolates malfunctions in complex aircraft avionics equipment
- Uses complex test equipment such as continuous wave and pulse generators, time domain reflectometers, multi-trace oscilloscopes, frequency counters, multi-meters and deviation meters, and specialized test equipment to perform operational checks
- Repairs or replaces components based on test results following blueprints, schematics, handbooks, and other technical documents
- Performs calibration, repair and replacement of system components based on test results following blueprints, schematics, handbooks, and other technical documents.
- -Practices good housekeeping, tool control, FOD awareness/prevention, and safety at all times
- Annotates maintenance actions in aircraft records
- Must obtain all certifications required to perform the job requirements
Tools required: YES Years#8217; experience: 2License requirements: Not specifiedSpecific aircraft experience required: Military and CommercialOther
- 5+ years performing hands-on aircraft modifications or maintenance on military or commercial aircraft
- Ability to trace signal flow, understand interrelationships of circuits, interpret waveforms and voltages
- Working knowledge of aircraft communications, navigation, instrument systems and flight control systems
- Ability to interpret schematic diagrams, engineering drawings and charts of assigned systems