Avionics Mechanic -San Francisco CA
Full-timePanasonic Avionics #8211;San Francisco CA is seeking a full time Lead A&P Aircraft Mechanic.Maintenance Service Representative Lead#8211; (SFO) San Francisco International Airport#8211;San Francisco CA The ideal candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Valid FAA A&P Certification [Airframe and Powerplant License]
- Valid Driver License
- Flexible, able to work any shift, any day, including holidays and weekends
- 0-2 Years maintenance experience
- Positive attitude towards productivity, safety and quality maintenance
- Good communication skills (verbal, written and radio)
- Must have excellent customer skills
- Must already be authorized to work in the United States
JOB SUMMARYProvide Lead Maintenance Service Representative (MSR) support at any appropriate location to which the incumbent is assigned. Perform line maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations, including Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) In-flight Entertainment Systems, on aircraft subjected to FAA/CAA/EASA/CASA to include: troubleshooting and testing of electronic assemblies and units, the removal and replacement of electronic assemblies, units or cabling while installed in the aircraft and the modification/alteration of installed equipment. Line maintenance responsibilities may vary by location.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIESSupervision
- Develop a work schedule that incorporates the needs of the customer and Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) and provide a monthly update by the fifth of the following month.
- Lead line technicians as they perform their duties.
- Schedule line technician's daily maintenance activities.
Aircraft/IFE Maintenance and Support
- Perform maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations to PAC IFE Systems on aircraft subject to FAA/CAA/EASA/CASA regulations.
- Perform troubleshooting and testing of electronic assemblies and units, and the removal and replacement of electronic assemblies, units or cabling while installed in the aircraft.
- Build customer satisfaction through identification, tracking, reporting, and successfully overcome all technical issues for assigned airlines using networked communication systems.
- Be a strong customer advocate inside Panasonic Avionics to help engineers and management understand and appreciate the customer's views and negotiation points.
- Technically support the customer as a liaison between line operations and PAC departments.
- Aggressively contribute to the resolution of all in-fleet problems, assisting the efforts of affected support and engineering organizations within PAC.
- Develop and maintain a thorough and accurate knowledge of all PAC products, testers, harnesses, and associated equipment. Requires that employee maintain knowledge of product revisions and modifications.
- Perform daily data entry tasks and administrative duties.
- Operate as the local trainer on the PAC IFE SYSTEM.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions, procedures, blueprints, diagrams, manuals and to comprehend and follow verbal instructions in English, the global aviation standard.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook (MS products).
- Advanced background and knowledge of electronics and troubleshooting generally acquired through commercial aviation, military experience or technical school education combined with two years of related industry experience.
- Ability to work in a high-stress, high-pressure environment.
- Consistently works on moderately complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Makes recommendations for new procedures.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Often acts as a facilitator and team leader.
- As a highly skilled specialist, contributes to the development of concepts and techniques. Completes complex tasks in creative and effective ways.
EDUCATION /EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years related industry experience preferred.
- Airframe and Powerplant license required for US locations. Appropriate academic/technical qualifications and experience to satisfy regulatory licensing for assigned country or geographical region, and customer requirements e.g. FAA, CASA or EASA A, B1 and/or B2 with relevant type ratings.
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
- Airline maintenance operations and 24/7 technical support experience highly desired.
- Must have the legal right to work in assigned country through nationality, visa or work permits.
- May require both international and domestic travel, up to 25% of time, to other line station locations to provide relief from time to time as required.
- Must hold a valid driver#8217;s license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays.
- Manual dexterity and the ability to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment.
- Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform; endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods.
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels.
About Panasonic Avionic For over 35 years, Panasonic Avionics Corporation has led the industry in design and implementation of breakthrough In-Flight Entertainment solutions that connect the business and pleasure of flying. Find more job postings at: Careers.Panasonic.Aero