Reports To: Operations ManagerPay Rate: Dependent on Experience with excellent benefits package GENERAL SUMMARY Responsible for the management of the quality assurance programs and oversight of compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR's) in support of all aircraft maintenance operations. Serves as the Chief Inspector for FAR Part 145 Repair Station. MAJOR DUTIES
- The Chief Inspector is directly responsible to the Accountable Manager for the overall quality control of the Repair Station.
- Assist, supervise and direct all maintenance personnel assigned to the Repair Station and to ascertain that all inspections are properly performed on all completed work before it is released to the public and that the proper inspection records, reports, and forms used by the Repair Station are properly executed.
- Manage the quality assurance program for aircraft repair activities, as well as the scheduled and unscheduled inspection programs for all aircraft.
- Perform periodic checks on all inspection tools and verify calibration status of tools and precision test equipment.
- Ensure no defective or un-airworthy parts are installed in any component or unit released by the Repair Station.
- Perform audits on aircraft logbooks to ensure proper compliance with FAR#8217;s, AD#8217;s, and other mandatory service instructions/bulletins.
- Training of all personnel who perform incoming inspections, receiving inspections, and returning to service inspections for the Repair Station.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- 5+ years of experience in an inspector role supporting aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul activities
- Valid and current FAA A&P IA certification
- Experience with AS-9110 Standards/Certification
- US Citizenship required
- Must possess a valid driver#8217;s license
- Good communication skill, good English-language skill and good service skill are expected
- Provides leadership and communication to subordinates and employees.
- Displays and promotes a positive attitude and a team work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office Software
- Less than 10%
BENEFITS INCLUDE:401(K) Plan with Employer Match, Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Paid PTO, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Life insurance, Short term and long term disability, Full Holiday Schedule and more. This company, its subsidiaries, and joint ventures will provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibits employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, political affiliation, protected veterans status, or sexual orientation. All selection, hiring, and promotion decisions will be based on valid job related requirements consistent with performance of the essential functions of the position. This policy is in keeping with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Equal Pay Act of 1963, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Assistance Acts, as amended, and other applicable federal and state laws. Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, preference will be given qualified to the Corporation#8217;s Shareholders, Alaska Natives and American Indians in all phases of employment.