Quality Assurance/Process Engineer- Avionics
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.The person will be responsible for leading activities involving Product Lifecycle Management tools and processes. Focused on improving processes and tools and is ideal for a candidate seeking broad technical and business process career. The successful candidate will be working as part of a global team which requires schedule flexibility to support activities across multiple time zones including India, and the US and will be responsible for following process and tool architecture development activities.Job Description:
- Evaluate and develop roadmaps to obtain ISO9001 and AS9100 engineering certification
- Develop CMMI implementation plan and process compliance
- Develop DO-178C and DO-254 process compliance plan
- Develop and produce engineering metrics and reports
- Develop configuration management plan for BIETC
- Support engineering organizations and prepare data for engineering/program release
- Review/enhance supplier statements of work for configuration management task.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary to effectively interact with globally located colleagues and customers.
- PLM and engineering process development/support skills include: architecting, documenting, training, and testing, processes and tools.
- Experience in development and implementation of PLM/PDM and/or services (large or small scale)
- Experience in defining configuration management for programs
- Experience with engineering and software development processes
- Experience with AS9100 and CMMI certification
- Experience with DO-178 and DO-254 standards and compliance
- Experience with producing engineering metrics and reports
- Experience and understanding of configuration status accounting processes
- Minimum 4 years of PLM process development experience with a proven track record of successful project delivery
- Knowledge of the tool set #8211;DOORS, Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence etc) will be an added advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to understand complex architectural and networking concepts and quickly learn and apply tools and processes to enhance business process and service delivery. Must demonstrate strong problem resolution and process management skills, as well as have prior experience with complex PDM systems.
Qualification:Bachelor's degree and typically 10 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.All information provided will be checked and may be verified. This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in India. Boeing will not seek immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants; this is the responsibility of the job candidate. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll. RELOCATION BENEFITS IF INDICATED ARE LIMITED TO IN-COUNTRY MOVES AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR OVERSEAS RELOCATION. THERE IS NO EXPATRIATE PACKAGE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
India; Boeing India Private Limited