Quality Control Inspector
Sheffield,South Yorkshire,United Kingdom
At Boeing Sheffield we engage the talent, pride and passion of people to be the leading supplier of flight critical actuation systems to all of Boeing Commercial Airplanes for today and tomorrow. Here at Boeing Sheffield, we celebrate a culture around the Boeing Production System—our unique way of transforming our lean operating environment to align the site’s culture on safety, quality and continuous improvement. This culture engages our employees because their thoughts, ideas, and talents are valued. We are looking for teammates to join us that will be fully engaged and adaptable, will be team players and problem solvers, and will be excellent communicators.The QA Inspector will provide metrology expertise, technical experience and an understanding of CNC manufacturing processes. They will be involved in establishing technical requirements and equipment for the verification of manufactured components. They will participate in the creation of and adhere to component specific quality assurance inspection plans (QAIP), in order to verify compliance of finished machined components. The Ideal candidate will ideally be degree qualified engineer or be able to demonstrate significant Quality assurance training and experience in aerospace or other highly regulated industry. Ideally with proven experience of working within an AS9100/ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 environment.The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience exhibiting the following attributes;
- Experience of working to and participate in developing inspection and verification methods to ensure conformance to engineering designs on precision machined parts such as gears, shafts and housings
- Practical experience of modern Inspection tools and techniques.
- Experience of setting and operating Mitutoyo CMMs would be a distinct advantage but not essential as training will be given to the successful candidate.
- Decision Making / Systematic Problem Solving – Using processes that ensure broad thinking about all situations and issues.
- Teamwork – Considering the success of the team as well as individuals;
- Open Two-way Communications – The free flow of continuous, direct and candid communications;
- Flexibility / Adaptability / Change – Appropriate behavioral responses, work adjustments and coping mechanisms are expected for individuals and teams especially during the ‘stand up phase’ of Boeing Sheffield before the site is delivering operationally.
- Development / Engagement – Fully involved in one’s work to foster organizational interests as well as promoting self-development and growth.
- Proactivity – Must be proactive in maintaining a safe, incident and injury free work environment and promote quality improvement activities
- Experience of working in a Lean manufacturing environment.
- Requires no instruction for routine work and general instructions for new lines of work or special assignments; supervision is limited. Participates in determining details of assignments to accomplish a wide range of objectives. Plans, schedules, and arranges own activities.
- The ability to bring these skills together to meet the demanding rate of production with the necessary level of inspection will be essential
Yes, 10 of the Time
United Kingdom; Boeing United Kingdom Limited