Quality Control Inspector - Everett
SUMMARY: Ensure all maintenance actions including documentation are carried out in accordance with approved data in an airworthy manner. Additionally responsible for preliminary, routine and in-process inspections on aircraft and/or components to determine serviceability and airworthiness.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accomplish incoming preliminary inspections on aircraft/components in accordance with customer request cards or manufacturer#8217;s manuals.
- Ensure documentation of maintenance performed is as required by FAR#8217;s, ATS#8217; Repair Station Manual and customer#8217;s Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Program (CAMP).
- Accomplish final buy-back of maintenance performed.
- Accomplish in-progress inspections including clearance-to-close, torque verifications, dimensional checks, rigs, etc.
- As authorized by ATS and airlines, perform return-to-service and airworthiness releases on serviceable tags, aircraft logbooks, and FAA form 337.
- Document on-the-job training (OJT) and experience for inclusion into training file.
- Perform audit of ATS facilities for FAR and safety regulation compliance.
- Monitor compliance to scrap bin policy.
- Be available on the floor to provide surveillance, guidance and assistance
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
AUTHORITY:Make airworthiness determinations SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY:N/ASAFETY RESPONSIBILITY:Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that you are provided with full information on your area specific safety issues, all unique hazards are identified, and you are provided with the proper equipment to carry out your job in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be maintained to a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported to your supervisor or manager.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to interpret technical and regulatory documentation accurately.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Computer skills to include word processors and spreadsheets.
- Ability to learn airline customer RII requirements and ensure that they are met.
- Ability to give attention to detail.
- Familiar with inspection tools, aids and devices used in determining tolerances, specifications, and progress.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of personnel.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Airframe Services - F.A.A. Airframe and Powerplant License required. Three years heavy aircraft maintenance experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience as determined by Manager#8217;s discretion.
- Components Services - F.A.A. Airframe and Powerplant License, Airframe License or Repairman Certificate required. Three years aircraft component maintenance experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience as determined by Manager#8217;s discretion.
- NDI and previous QC experience highly desirable.
- Prior supervisory experience highly desirable.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up. The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally, with help, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in this work environment is usually high. May work near moving mechanical parts in high, precarious places and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.EMPLOYER#8217;S RIGHTSThis job description is not a contract for employment and either party may terminate employment at anytime. The job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. ATS reserves the right to revise the job description at anytime.