Senior Avionics / Electrical Engineer
Location:RAAF Base AmberleyCategory:Engineering / TechnicalPosition Type:PermanentJob Reference:BOE/1312294E1312294 1300998 6B.1B.664_Lvl_3_EE_Sys_Design_Engineer.pdf (PDF, 166KB) Job Specification Share This:Senior Avionics / Electrical EngineerDo you want to be part of designing a major upgrade to a world-class airborne surveillance and control platform?Working for Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) you will:
- Be a part of a diverse, multinational and inclusive team
- Receive World class training and experience on cutting edge systems and complex projects
- Flexible and supportive work environment
Be a part of BDA's Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Division that supports our Airborne Early Warning & Control (AEW&C) work through sustainment and upgrades to Australia's Wedgetail fleet.BDA is growing and as a result are looking for a number of Senior Avionics / Electrical Engineer to be based in Amberley.As a Boeing Mission Systems Engineer you will apply your extensive experience to a broad range of systems, avionics, electrical and electronic engineering activities, across projects, from planning, architecture, estimation, design, production, procurement, qualification, and test.This role is part of a globally distributed team that is performing AEW&C Mission Computing, Sensor (Radar, ESM, EWSP), and Communications Systems upgrades.Responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking design development, and conducting engineering investigations as assigned
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to junior engineers
- Supporting system integration and test activities
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary degree with a minimum of 7 - 10 years' experience in relevant technical disciplines
- A demonstrated ability to perform integrated wire harness design including developing wiring diagrams, wire lists, selection of appropriate parts and materials and consideration of routing and other integration aspects.
- A demonstrated ability to identify technical requirements and relevant design standards (including researching and selecting appropriate standards) applicable to a given design
- A demonstrated ability to analyse and document electrical / electronic systems designs to show compliance with relevant requirements and standards
- Experience in delivering/integrating systems within Aerospace, Defence or complex engineering project environments will be highly regarded.
- Experience in systems engineering practices, including requirements analysis and verification
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.For more information on BDA check out the Boeing Australia country or click Apply now.BDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment.