Sheet Metal Assembly Mechanic
Glasair Aviation produces modern, innovative composite aircraft for personal use. It is the world#8217;s leader in assisting customers with the assembly of their aircraft, focusing on education, recreation and safety. As part of the next stage of our growth, we are now seeking a high energy, fast learning Sheet Metal Assembly Mechanic to join our team. The starting wage for the position is $14.00 to $16.00 plus benefits. Main Responsibilities: Assist in daily assembly operations of aircraft sheet metal structures such as wings. Tasks and Duties:
- Must be able to lay out sheet metal parts using blueprints, drawings, written or verbal instructions.
- Able to fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal products and equipment for general aviation aircraft.
- Performs assembling operations such as cutting, filing, drilling, countersinking, fitting, shimming, adjusting, clamping, bolting, reaming, riveting, and bucking where locations and other pertinent information is established or predetermined and tolerances, edge margins and hole patterns, etc., are usually controlled by tooling and fixtures.'
- Locates reference points, holes, parts and assemblies from established reference lines or points, transfers hole and rivets pattern within predetermined limits and performs sheet metal assembly work without aid of jigs, fixtures or other tooling when necessary.
- Uses hand and portable tools such as rivet gun, drill motor, portable dimpling equipment, bucking bars, deburr tools, file, scale, etc.
- Ensure facilities and tools are well maintained
- Perform other duties within the scope of the role as may be assigned from time to time by the Assembly Lead
Skills, Traits and Experience:
- Strong desire to learn.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work at both a fast pace and high quality level
- High energy level
- High mechanical aptitude
- Exceptional technical aptitude
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Sheet metal experience is a plus
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- 3-6 months related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.