Structural Assembler Orangeburg SC
Our client in Orangeburg, SC is seeking Assembly Techs:
- In this role you will follow general instructions, drawings, specifications, standard practice and recognized methods to perform any operations needed to produce prototype and/or production composite parts, components and assemblies. Work with engineering personnel to develop techniques, tooling and/or methods and procedures to produce new, complex and/or modified composite parts, components, and assemblies.
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Use hand, power and machine tools to facilitate preparation, cleaning and manufacturing processes of molds, equipment, parts, assemblies, or machinery. Equipment used may include utility knife, automated power or hand cutters, hydraulic and/or vacuum form presses, laser ply placement machine, weaving, braiding, autoclaves and/or machine shop equipment. Use of protective equipment is mandatory for specified operations. Equipment includes safety glasses, masks, respirators and gloves and outerwear.
- Follow standard and/or prototype operating procedures to cut, assemble, shape, bond, lay-up, inject, cure, braid, weave, sew, trim and make simple and/complex repairs to composite parts, components and assemblies.
- Record all fabrication or machine operating parameters accurately and legibly in parts manufacturing notebook, routing sheets, resident paper or department documentation or terminals to ensure recording completion of work-in-process, inventories, schedules, labor expenditures, etc.
- Use simple inspection devices such as meters, protractors, veneers, micrometers, tapes, tension or weight scales, gages, etc. to assure quality of operations processes performed. As required, may be certified to verify the quality of their own work.
- Perform other assignments and tasks as directed.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a corporate culture; which supports the Company's overall business objectives and goals, by providing leadership in issues that involve #8220;cost, quality, process, schedule and people."
- Ensure the company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
- Fully comply with the client policies in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government.
- Administer and comply with the Company's human resources policies and procedures to provide fair and equitable treatment for all employees while ensuring optimum productivity and resource utilization.
Required Job Specific Training:An Assembly Technician should be signed off as #8220;Trained#8221; and has demonstrated proficiency in performing the following task for a minimum of 3 or More Consecutive Builds:• Forward Bulkhead • Center Pillar• Longerons• Nose Landing Gear• Cabin Floor• Side Angel Fairings• Pre-fit Drilling of Clips and Thrust Fitting In addition, an Assembly Technician must be trained and demonstrate proficiency in a minimum of (2) of the following skills.• Gerber Operator• Oven Operator• Crane Operator• Certified in (5) Quality Process Technician (QPT) areas
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
- A minimum of (5) five years of manufacturing work experience performing tasks associated with composite fabrication and/or assembly desired.
- The following skills are required: demonstrated ability to read and follow written and verbal work instructions; capable of performing a wide range of physical activities, some requiring fine manual dexterity; demonstrated ability to recognize discrepancies in materials or processes required.
- Ability to work from sketches and use simple measuring instruments, such as tape measures or micrometers, required.
- Position requires knowledge of basic shop math, including addition, subtraction, decimals and fractions.
- Must be willing to work in a repetitive production environment with concern for meeting cost, quality and schedule requirements. Must be willing to work both as a team player and independently.