Structures Lead Mechanic - Marana, AZ
Position: Structures Lead Mechanic - Marana, AZOnly qualified candidates with the below experience will be considered for this position.
- Ensures that all work performed complies with applicable technical data, FAA regulations and Ascent Aviation policies and procedures.
- Works closely with immediate supervisor as well as Production Control to keep them informed on actual work progress in areas of responsibility.
- Reviews non-preplanned documents to identify methods of repair and/or replacement identifying necessary parts, materials and tooling requirements and provides timely estimates for all maintenance on non-preplanned documents within scope of responsibility.
- Responsible for the proper execution of parts tags attached to repairable, serviceable, or condemned parts.
- Repairs and replaces aircraft sheet metal structures, including main landing gear fittings, aircraft skins and floor beams.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabricating, assembling, and installing sheet metal products.
- Plans, lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs, and repairs sheet metal parts, equipment, and products utilizing knowledge of working characteristics of metallic and nonmetallic materials, machining, and layout techniques.
- Selects gauge and type of sheet metal, such as stainless steel, or aluminum, or nonmetallic material, such as plastics or fiberglass, according to product specifications.
- Lays out and marks dimensions and reference lines on material, using scribes, dividers, squares, and rulers applying knowledge of shop mathematics and layout techniques to develop and trace patterns of product or parts.
- Makes appropriate entries in Component Removal Log, completes identification tags, and repairable/parts routing tags upon removing components from aircraft.
- Makes appropriate entries on routine and non-routine work cards.
- Performs orientation and on-the-job training for employees. Ensures that training is documented in employee training records.
- Enforces company policies and safety regulations and the proper use of equipment and ensures that quality standards are met.
- Coordinates activities of workers including assigning work duties for maximum utilization of manpower and analyzing and resolving work problems.
- Maintains communications within area of responsibility, informing employees as to plans and progress and promoting teamwork and cooperation.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Tracks time spent on each work order and ensures the time is logged on time card correctly.
- Makes recommendations to management to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, or cut costs.
- Performs duties of Structures Supervisor in his/her absence
- Ensure that all work performed is done in a safe manner. Directs activities to protect employees from harm and maintain safe working conditions.
Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management. Job functions may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines; attention to detail and mathematical skills; ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow and administer verbal and written instruction; ability to interpret and apply technical data; ability to safely drive and operate a standard shift automotive vehicle and other applicable equipment; ability to work without supervision.
Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary education or training in aircraft maintenance or equivalent combination of education, training or experience required.
Experience: Three to five years experience in aircraft structural repair required.
Certificates/Licenses: A License or Repairman8217;s Certificate for Structures and valid driver8217;s license required.
Other: May be required to work at both Marana, AZ and Tucson, AZ locations as business needs dictate.
Aviation Personnel currently offers:
- .50 per mile up to 200.00 Travel Pay on your first check, plus a 100.00 Monthly Bonus!
- Aviation Personnel offers great benefits like: Holiday Pay, Vacation Pay, 100.00 referrals fees and Direct Deposit. Cash Advances Available
- Did you know Aviation Personnel GUARANTEES Highest pay package at every location we have openings? Plus we have Travel and Retention on all of our openings as well.
- Give us a call (817) 244-2125 for details.
- We look forward to helping you find your next assignment.