Wire Harness Assembler
We are currently looking for Aircraft Assemblers with experience working with Avionics and harness install systems. JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, hydraulics, and cables
- Works from diagrams and drawings, makes initial layouts, and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws
- Makes continuity checks on work in process and completed.
- May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications.
- May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies and sub-assemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions
- Follows approved assembly procedures for component or aircraft structures, consulting internal procedures that have been FAA approved, original equipment manufacturers (OEM's) technical data, and work package instructions.
- Positions and aligns sub-assemblies in jigs or fixtures, using measuring instruments, following blueprint lines and index points.
- Inspects completed work to identify any needed rework before signing off; ensures that repaired components meet prescribed standards and tolerances.
- Performs serviceability tests as required, utilizing test equipment specified in technical manuals.
- Completes work package documentation as required by FAA and/or repair station manual.
- Submits completed work to Quality Assurance for final/in progress inspection and certification of airworthiness.
- Must have experience routing wiring throughout the aircraft.
- Needs a mix of hydraulics and wire-harness assembly; need to be either tech level I's or tech level II's
- Generally 2-4 years or more experience in area of responsibility with assembly, mechanical, electrical well as able to use all tech data and aircraft drawings to locate part numbers and accomplish repairs.
- Must be able to fabricate parts.
- Reads work orders, blueprints, and specifications or examines sample or damaged part or structure to determine repair or fabrication procedures and sequence of operations.
- Repair body or structure of aircraft according to specifications.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Be proficient in the usage of air powered hand tools and related equipment.
- Ability to work different shifts and flexible hours if required.
- High School/ GED
WORK ENVIRONMENT:Manufacturing FacilityFirst shift M-F 7:30am-3:30pmSecond shift M-F 3:00pm - 11:30pm For immediate consideration please contact Lauren Bolhuis at 321-775-4109 About Aerotek:We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.