Pipistrel Set To ‘Electri-Fly’ Oshkosh
International aircraft designer and manufacturer, Pipistrel, is set to “Electri-Fly” the annual EAA AirVenture Fly-In and Tradeshow in Oshkosh, WI, July 23-29. Pipistrel is displaying an extensive selection of aircraft, with a special emphasis on revolutionary, new, electrically-powered training aircraft.
Electric aircraft on display include the Pipistrel ALPHA Electro LSA and the Pipistrel TAURUS Electro aircraft, both currently in production and selling globally.
In addition to its electric aircraft line, Pipistrel will be displaying:
- Pipistrel Virus SW, a 2-place, Rotax-powered, high-wing LSA
- Pipistrel Taurus 503, a 2-place, self-launching, 15-meter sailplane
- Pipistrel Sinus FLEX, a multipurpose, 2-place, Rotax-powered, high-wing LSA
- Pipistrel Solar Trailer, capable of recharging an electric aircraft, allowing one to "Fly for Free" via its zero-cost/zero-emission charging system
X-Alpha Virtual Reality Trainer
- Pipistrel X-Alpha VR Trainer, the world's first, full-size, immersive VR trainer for LSA category aircraft. The simulator accurately emulates the flight characteristics and performance of several Pipistrel aircraft models.
2018 Pipistrel Info-Zine
- Pipistrel introduces a new, four-color, magazine-format brochure. The detailed 32-page publication will be available in print format at the Pipistrel display area at AirVenture, as well as select Oshkosh locations, and available for download online in digital formats. For more information, visit www.pipistrel-magazine.com.
Other Oshkosh Events:
- A press conference at EAA press headquarters, Wednesday, July 25, at 10:30 a.m.
- Flight demonstrations of its electric aircraft during the Fly-In/Airshow
- Aerial displays during the manufacturer's showcase throughout the week
- A Pod-A-Palooza pizza party at the Pipistrel Booth, sites 86 and 87, Wednesday evening from 6 p.m. until the opening of the night airshow. Pod-a-Palooza is a celebration for media creators and generators, open to all accredited media, podcasters, podcast listeners, aviators, Pipistrel supporters and any aviation enthusiasts who care to drop by. All are welcome.
Pipistrel invites accredited EAA press inquiries for more info. Limited opportunities exist for press rides during the event.