AP Mechanic - Pistons and PT6s
Our base is in Salmon, Idaho. If you like the idea of living in a small mountain town that offers a lot of outdoor activities and a lot of distance between you and any bigger town or city, this might be the one!
Lots of details below, but basically, we're looking for someone who likes to troubleshoot and fix piston and turbin airplanes, and who can accomplish thorough, efficient inspections without needing a lot of instruction on how to do so.
Our ideal candidates for this position are mechanics who have significant experience with:
- Lycoming and Continental piston engines,
- PT6 engines, and
- Our airframes - Cessna 172, 206, 210 and 208 and Britten Norman Islanders and one Piper Seneca
The environment yoursquo;ll work in is a combination of outside areas and an office/hanger setting. Idaho is very hot in the summer, and very cold in the winter.
Busy seasons especially (June-September and Nov-January) will require weekend shifts and occasional off-hour work. Overtime during those periods is likely.
Primary Responsibilities (but aren't limited to):
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on aircraft while following both FAA and company requirements and standards.
- Comply with 14 CFR (as applicable), manufacturerrsquo;s specifications, company policies and procedures, as well as other methods accepted by the FAA, when accomplishing maintenance
- Be meticulous about completing paperwork and records according to FAA and company requirements
- Assist with keeping all aircraft, equipment, and maintenance area facilities in compliance with all FAA, OSHA, industry and company guidelines.
- Assist in keeping all workspaces and equipment clean, orderly, and in good working condition.
- Assist with moving, fueling, reconfiguring, and cleaning aircraft, when needed.
- Adhere to material handling and control procedures specified in company manuals and by the equipment manufacturer
- Assist with other duties as needed.
- Conduct yourself in a professional business manner at all times. Be aware that your behavior sets the example for other team members. Be honest, fair and ethical in all dealings with team members as well as courteous and respectful to all customers, governmental agencies and vendors.
- Health Benefit
- Reduced Cost Dental/Vision care
- 410(k) matching after 6 mo.
- Must be able to take instruction and guidance
- Must be able to work well both as a team member and independently, as needed
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to perform moderately strenuous physical tasks which include bending, stooping, kneeling and working overhead for long periods of time
- Must have a valid US driverrsquo;s license.
- This is a full-time position. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Please note this is a safety sensitive position. Pre-employment drug testing is required, and position is subject to random testing throughout employment.
- Preferred candidates will have 5+ experience with single-engine piston Cessnas, Cessna Caravans, Britten-Norman Islanders