ANNOUNCING TWO NEW AWARDS FOR 2012
The staff of D.O.M. magazine is proud to announce the launch of our first annual Maintenance Manager of the YearandAbove and Beyondawards!
We are doing this because we believe that there is not enough recognition for all the extra effort and professionalism that exists in our industry —in particular, there is not enough recognition for maintenance managers that deal with the day to day challenge of running an aviation maintenance department.
We are launching these two new awards to honor the best of the best — the cream of the crop. We would like you to nominate the person you feel is deserving of one of these awards. We don’t have a lot of rules here, but we do have some basic guidelines for submissions:
1. You may nominate yourself, but you need to provide references that will collaborate your submission.
2. All submissions must be in writing and preferably electronically — either via email or on CD.
3. Each person may nominate only one individual in each category.
4. Please keep all nomination letters less than four 8 X 11 typed pages total
5. Provide photos or illustrations where possible to support or collaborate your submission.
The deadlines for nominations for either award is March 31, 2012.
For the Maintenance Manager of the Yearaward please consider the following:
1. We’re looking for examples of great management and leadership skills. Keep this in mind when nominating your candidate.
2. Directors of maintenance, maintenance managers, parts department managers, accessory shop managers, supervisors, or anyone that supervises the maintenance of company or customer aircraft is eligible.
3. Please tell us what your nominee has done that sets him/her apart from other maintenance managers. What do they do that is unique, innovative, creative or special?
4. Provide a list of experiences, training, education, and other items that demonstrate that this individual has obtained credentials beyond the basic A&P or IA certificate (not required but suggested).
5. A submission by multiple employees and/or signatures by more than one individual in your company (employer or employee) may be important to help validate the performance of the manager that you’re submitting (not required but suggested)
For the Above and Beyondaward please consider the following:
1. We are looking to honor an individual who has made significant contributions to the aircraft maintenance profession above and beyond their day to day job.
2. It is preferred, but not required that this individual be an aircraft maintenance professional, It’s more important that they have contributed significantly to the aircraft maintenance profession.
3. Examples of a good nominee include but are not limited to: education of the general public about the aircraft maintenance profession, active participation in trade associations, committees, groups, forums, etc., or public speaking activity to include youth education, historical education, etc.
You can email your submissions to our editor Joe Escobar at jescobar@DOMmagazine.com. If you prefer to send via snail mail, the address is:
D.O.M. Magazine Awards
P.O. Box 175
Milton, WI 53563
So bring it on! Let’s see lots of submissions for these two awards!
Award recipients will be announced in the July/August issue of D.O.M. magazine.
Finally, as we at D.O.M. magazine enter our fourth year of publishing, we would like to thank all of our readers and advertisers for your friendship and amazing level of support. We couldn’t do it without you!
We wish everyone a happy and prosperous New Year.
Greg Napert, Proud to be an A&P