Aspen Avionics Receives STC on Evolution MAX Primary Flight and Multi-Function Displays
Aspen Avionics announces it has received an FAA supplemental type certificate (STC) on its line of Evolution MAX primary and multi-function displays. With redesigned electronics and new glass, the Evolution MAX series offers a bolder and brighter display with higher reliability and several customer-requested functions, such as font and window enlargement and increased processing speeds — all while retaining Aspen’s unique form-factor design that keeps installation costs down.
Customers purchasing the new Evolution MAX displays get more functions, safety features and improved reliability priced below the MSRP of Aspen’s legacy Evolution displays. New Evolution MAX units and MAX upgrade units are now shipping.
The unprecedented MAX display upgrade program provides current owners of Aspen equipment an opportunity to upgrade their existing Aspen EFIS system, regardless of age or condition, and receive the latest avionics glass technology, hardware, faster processing speeds and a new two-year warranty at the approximate cost of a steam gauge overhaul.
Additionally, current and future Aspen owners may remove their existing vacuum back-up systems if they upgrade from a single Aspen Pro MAX PFD to an Evolution 2000 MAX system (Pro MAX PFD, MFD1000 MAX multi-function display) or to an Evolution 2500 system (Pro MAX PFD, MFD1000 MAX, MFD500 MAX) if an optional external battery is purchased.
Aspen also offers an upgrade path from the EFD1000 E5 electronic flight instrument (EFI). Starting at the list price of $4,995, the E5 is upgradable to a full TSO’d MAX display, demonstrating the company’s commitment to developing an avionics platform that can grow with a pilot’s needs. Aspen’s unique approach to designing and engineering new products for the general aviation community gives its current customer base a way to cost-effectively upgrade to the latest Aspen displays without investing in a new cockpit installation.
“We’re not aware of any manufacturer in this industry that offers this type of upgrade program,” says John Uczekaj, president and CEO. “Our corporate philosophy from the time we introduced the Evolution 1000 PFD twelve years ago was to offer new functions and safety features our current customers could adopt affordably and provide future owners the peace of mind that their investment is protected as technology evolves.”
All MAX series displays can be configured for one, two, or three units — providing more glass display area and information than leading competitors. As always, customers can choose to upgrade or purchase a single MAX PFD, then later add MAX MFD displays (Legacy Evolution and Evolution MAX displays cannot be intermixed in a cockpit installation).
Key features of the MAX series include:
- GPS-aided AHRS in the event of pitot-static failure
- New, vibrant colors with the latest aviation glass
- Higher reliability and faster refresh rates with the latest generation processors
- Audio panel interface
- Chart and countdown timers available on MFD500 and MFD1000 MAX MFDs
- 350 nm zoom levels on MFD500 and MFD1000 MAX MFDs
- Height above ground level (AGL) on navigation and terrain maps on MFD500 and MFD1000 MAX MFDs
- METAR flags on navigation map on MFD500 and MFD1000 MAX MFDs
- Altitude intercept based on climb rate
- Font and window enlargement capability
- Large, 6.0” diagonal, 400x760 pixel TFT Active Matrix LCD screen with bolder and brighter resolution
- Sixteen million display colors
- Works with existing avionics
- Patented, unique form-fit design slides easily into existing panel cutouts
- Approved for over 600 aircraft types (Aircraft Model List)
For more information, visit www.aspenavionics.com or call (505) 856-5034.