D.O.M. Magazine 2013 Awards
D.O.M. magazine is seeking nominations for its second annual Maintenance Manager of the Year and Above and Beyond awards.
The D.O.M. magazine staff introduced these awards in 2012 because it believed there isn't enough recognition for all the extra effort and professionalism that exists in our industry —in particular, there is not enough recognition for maintenance managers that deal with the day to day challenge of running an aviation maintenance department.
The Maintenance Manager of the Year and Above and Beyond awards honor the best of the best — the cream of the crop. We encourage readers to nominate the person they feel is deserving of one of these awards. We don’t have a lot of rules here, but we do have some basic guidelines for submissions:
1. You may nominate yourself, but you need to provide references that will collaborate your submission.
2. All submissions must be in writing and preferably electronically — either via email or on CD.
3. Each person may nominate only one individual in each category.
4. Please keep all nomination letters less than four 8 X 11 typed pages total
5. Provide photos or illustrations where possible to support or collaborate your submission.
For the Maintenance Manager of the Year award please consider the following:
1. We’re looking for examples of great management and leadership skills. Keep this in mind when nominating your candidate.
2. Directors of maintenance, maintenance managers, parts department managers, accessory shop managers, supervisors, or anyone that supervises the maintenance of company or customer aircraft is eligible.
3. Please tell us what your nominee has done that sets him/her apart from other maintenance managers. What do they do that is unique, innovative, creative or special?
4. Provide a list of experiences, training, education, and other items that demonstrate that this individual has obtained credentials beyond the basic A&P or IA certificate (not required but suggested).
5. A submission by multiple employees and/or signatures by more than one individual in your company (employer or employee) may be important to help validate the performance of the manager that you’re submitting (not required but suggested)
For the Above and Beyond award please consider the following:
1. We are looking to honor an individual who has made significant contributions to the aircraft maintenance profession above and beyond their day to day job.
2. It is preferred, but not required that this individual be an aircraft maintenance professional, It’s more important that they have contributed significantly to the aircraft maintenance profession.
3. Examples of a good nominee include but are not limited to: education of the general public about the aircraft maintenance profession, active participation in trade associations, committees, groups, forums, etc., or public speaking activity to include youth education, historical education, etc.
You can email your submissions to our editor Joe Escobar at jescobar@DOMmagazine.com. If you prefer to send via snail mail, the address is:
D.O.M. Magazine Awards
P.O. Box 175
Milton, WI 53563
The deadline for nominations is August 17. Award recipients will be announced in the November/December 2013 issue of D.O.M. magazine.
The D.O.M. magazine staff would like to thank Snap-on Industrial for its generous support for these awards. Snap-on has generously donated two items to be awarded to this year's award recipients: a Tech Angle Torque Wrench and a BK6000 Digital Borescope!
We look forward to another great selection of nominees for this year's awards!
Thanks for reading.