Job Title: Calibration Technician
Location: Hillsboro, OH
Shift: 1st Shift (7:00am – 3:30pm)
Apply for a job where you can build a career in Aviation!
Plans, documents, and implements methods related to the verification and calibration of inspection, measuring, and test equipment. Ensures continued compliance to standards of all inspection, measuring, and test equipment by performing the registration, identification, inspection, and calibration of all tools and instrumentation used by the company.
- Registers, maintains, calibrates/inspects, and applies identification markings to inspection equipment technical data and procedures.
- Monitors and adjusts calibration frequencies for optimal equipment performance and minimal downtime.
- Designs and maintains calibration procedures for inspection, measuring, and test equipment.
- Investigates and sources qualified subcontractors for tooling which cannot be repaired or calibrated in-house.
- Provides technical advice in the selection, maintenance, troubleshooting, and calibration of new and existing inspection, measuring, and test equipment.
- Performs verification and calibration on complex and intricate measuring and test equipment.
- Maintains records of all registered equipment, their calibration schedules and results traceable to the requirements of applicable standards.
- Quarantines items found unserviceable, of poor quality, or those that cannot be maintained.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Carries out special projects as assigned.
When you work at StandardAero, you’re not just an employee, you’re part of a vibrant company of like-minded people, all working collaboratively towards the same goals. We succeed as a team because we value the unique contributions and perspectives of all of our people, fostering a culture of collaboration and excellence. It’s a culture that promotes mutual respect and effective communications to create an environment of stability, shaping the organization and forging a successful future. Our goal is to be the best place to work, giving each and every employee the opportunity to reach their maximum potential through continuous learning and advancement opportunities, allowing all team members to exceed their potential and empower everyone’s success. StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services, including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. The company is a global enterprise that employs nearly 7,000 employees worldwide with annual revenues exceeding $4 billion. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components and energy markets. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.StandardAero is owned by Carlyle, a global investment firm with deep industry expertise that deploys private capital across four business segments: Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global Credit and Investment Solutions.
- Thorough knowledge of precision inspection, measuring, and test instruments and systems.
- Good planning, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, decision making, oral, and written communication skills.
- High degree of mechanical aptitude, accuracy, and precision.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret blueprints.
- Working knowledge of PC's in the current company operating system environment.
- Thorough understanding of Measurement Uncertainty preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Statistical Techniques applicable to metrology preferred.
- Technical Degree preferred; or equivalent work experience.