Field Service Representative (Oklahoma)
Field Service Representative - Illinois
Build an Aviation Career You’re Proud Of
Your work ties us all together, helping our teams function and operate. Experience opportunities to learn and be a part of an organization that has your back. And with competitive compensation and total rewards, you’ll also enjoy our great perks.
As a Field Service Representative, youll have responsibility for Mobile Service Team activities on gas turbine powered aircraft, technical troubleshooting, problem solving, engine changes and engine repairs in the field. The incumbent can be based anywhere in the United States.
What youll do:
(Not listed in order of importance. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Perform inspection, airframe interface, ground operation, troubleshooting, adjustment and repair of engines and related accessories, as installed in customer aircraft per manufacturers instructions.
- Accomplish duties in a manner that presents an image of professionalism to the customer and their agents that is the embodiment of service assistance in conforming the results to the manufacturers approved modification specifications in engines and related accessories.
- Proficiently perform the attachment of Powerplant "Quick Engine Change" components and installation of the powerplants in the aircraft as well as the installation of propellers, governors, and engine related accessories.
- Monitor tooling calibrations for any equipment used to perform designated tasks.
- Perform any appropriate inspection they are certified to perform following completion of engine repairs and modifications and the inspection of powerplants following their installation into the aircraft for final acceptance and release to service.
- Make airworthiness determinations and providing suitable certification for the work performed including the Final Inspection and “Release to Service” of any work accomplished within the Repair Stations Rating either at the Repair Station or at any other location.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally with peers, clients, and public.
- Ability to get along with co-workers and peers.
- Maintenance of regular attendance and punctuality within customary tolerances.
- Looking for maintenance professionals who hold an A P license with well-developed technical knowledge on any of these specific types and models of TFE731 / PT6A / PW300 / PW500 / JT15D / Spey / Tay / HTF7000 / GTCP 36 APU / BR710 aircraft turbine engines.
- College degree OR high school graduate with technical vocational training and knowledge normally achieved through graduation from a university, trade school or military aircraft maintenance program, or an equivalent apprenticeship program.
- Must possess effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Must have proper hand tools.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in the English language.
- Must have A P License.
- Must possess a valid drivers license.
- Should be able to demonstrate PC proficiency in MS Word and Excel as well as learn any corporate or industry software used by the position.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- (The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
- Active work in field locations, both in hangars and on ramps: exerting up to (50-70) pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Work involves walking, sitting, driving or standing for various periods of time required to work in equipment attached, or to be attached to aircraft.
- Vision: Near clarity of vision is required for close-up engine and chart/document analysis. Field Service Representatives assume the responsibilities of a QC Inspector and must pass a Jaeger vision chart test at no less than sixteen inches, or equivalent (20/30 vision) with one eye, either natural or corrected.
- Reaching: extending hands and arms in any direction.
- Handling: seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand(s). Fingers are involved to the extent that they are an extension of the hand, such as to turn a switch or shift gears such as picking, pinching, or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to convey detailed spoken instruction to other workers, customers, or agents accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: effectively perceiving the nature of sounds by ear.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- Environment may include periods of elevated noise exposure due to engine testing.
- Frequent exposure to outside weather conditions.
- Must be able to travel between 70-90 of the time.
- May be required to travel to locations outside of the United States
- Hangars, ramps, and engine shop environments, including hoists, heavy parts, chemicals, and fluids with use of precision instruments, stringent housekeeping and work area safety regulations and practices to observe and maintain.
Benefits that make life better:
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- 401(k) with 100 company match; up to 5 vested
- Paid Time Off starting on day one
- Bonus opportunities
- Health- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short- Long-Term Disability
- Life AD D Insurance
- Learning Training opportunities
Raising the Standard of Excellence since 1911
With over a century of proven excellence, StandardAero has become an industry leader in MRO services and customized solutions in the aerospace field. Our shared values and learning-based culture inspire our team to exceed their potential and power our customers’ missions worldwide. With on-the-job training, advancement opportunities, and excellent benefits, StandardAero invites you to experience a fulfilling and meaningful career with us.
Inclusivity Is Our Standard
It is StandardAero’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Our supportive environment celebrates diversity with no room for harassment or discrimination of any kind. We invite you to bring your authentic self to our team and experience our welcoming culture.
Raising the Standard of Excellence since 1911
With over a century of proven excellence, StandardAero has become an industry leader in MRO services and customized solutions in the aerospace field. Our shared values and learning-based culture inspire our team to exceed their potential and power our customers’ missions worldwide. With on-the-job training, advancement opportunities, and excellent benefits, StandardAero invites you to experience a fulfilling and meaningful career with us.Inclusivity Is Our StandardIt is StandardAero’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Our supportive environment celebrates diversity with no room for harassment or discrimination of any kind. We invite you to bring your authentic self to our team and experience our welcoming culture.