Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Full Part Time)
Pegasus Aviation Services, LLC, an Akima Company, is headquartered at Anchorage Intrsquo;l Airport in Alaska, the preeminent International Cargo crossroad for Transpacific Freighter activity. Pegasus serves the global aviation industry Domestic and International Passenger and Freighter Airlines and has an established reputation for quality aviation services. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to safety, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our companyrsquo;s profits go back to our more than 15,000 Intilde;upiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
Aircraft Maintenance Technicians (AMT) are responsible for performing high quality aircraft maintenance on various types of transport category aircraft. AMTrsquo;s must possess a valid FAA Aircraft Maintenance Technician license. Experience on common transport category aircraft such as B-777, B-747, B-737, B-767 and/or Airbus 319/320/321 definitely a plus but all levels of experience are encouraged to apply.
- Perform aircraft maintenance transit inspections and fault resolution.
- Accomplish aircraft system testing and troubleshooting procedures.
- Accomplish removal and replacement of defective parts to include final operational checks.
- Operate all power tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignment.
- Complete all required maintenance records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Interpret technical manuals, engineering drawings, blueprints and schematics.
- Operate all related ground handling equipment utilized to service the aircraft.
- Support all company policies and safety programs.
- Performing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Candidate must be reliable and dependable.
- Attention to detail and excellent customer service absolutely essential for success.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and Manager.
- Must possess a valid FAA Aircraft Maintenance Technician license with an Airframe and/or Power Plant rating.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be willing to work in inclement weather.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or show proof of right to work in the U.S.
- Possess a valid driverrsquo;s license.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds comfortably.
- Able to fluently read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to work under stressful situations and tight time constraints.
- Self-motivated, team player.
- Required to work nights, weekends, holidays, and varying schedules.
- Successfully complete a background investigation, including FBI fingerprints, criminal history and pre-employment drug test.
- Positions available for technicians of various experience and skill levels.
- Background position skill ranking areas: Language Skills:
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively with customers or employees of the organization.
- Communicate with customers within and outside of the United States. These customers include many for whom English is their second language.
- Applicant must be patient and tolerant of differing cultural values and lingual challenges.
- Divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram form.
- Deal with problems involving many concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: Moderate
- The AMT position is a technical service position whose work routine varies while following strict safety and set procedures. It generally functions under supervisory direction or guidance of the Maintenance Duty Manager.
- Have 20/20 corrected vision, able to hear verbal communications clearly and be willing to wear all required safety equipment. (Personal Protective Equipment ndash; PPE) Regularly required to use hands, talk, hear, bend, stoop, kneel, and is frequently required to stand, walk.Lift, pull up to 60lbs unassisted.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
- The AMT is usually working outside and is exposed to all types of weather conditions with a seasonal range of temperatures which include rain, snow, wind and extreme temperatures.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can vary dramatically.
- Depending on location and activity. Occasionally high noise levels exist where hearing protection is required.
- Must be able to work from lift platforms as high as 100 feet. Use of ladders is common with heights up to 8 feet. Use of stair platforms as high as 30 feet is also common.
- Operation of vehicles and airport related heavy equipment is required.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.