Aircraft Mechanic II, Avionics
ZENETEX has become a major force in the field of aircraft maintenance. We proudly support all four branches of the military in performing Organizational, Intermediate, and Depot level aircraft, ground vehicle, and component maintenance. A new contract award with Arizona Air National Guard (ANG), Tucson, AZ has prompted the need for an experienced F-16 Aircraft Mechanic II, Avionics. This position will require an active DoD Secret clearance to start. Description
- Perform maintenance and modifications on F-16 aircraft
- Troubleshoots, inspects, removes, installs, repairs, modifies, overhauls,calibrates, aligns and operates aircraft electrical systems, components, and associated support equipment
- Uses electrical, electronic, pneumatic, and other test support equipment
- Operationally Checks all integrated electronic systems, sub-systems, and associated system components.
- Interprets and advises on maintenance procedures and policies to repair aircraft and related equipment. Recommends methods to improve equipment performance and maintenance.
- Inspect, service, and perform general aircraft handling procedures
- Inspect avionics systems and determine operational status, and interpret inspection findings to determine correction action adequacy
- High school diploma, or equivalent, with successful completion of related military or commercial courses. Courses in basic electronics, mathematics, general science, and mechanics are desirable
- Minimum of 6 years total experience, with two years recent, in aircraft maintenance support
- 2 years of recent experience on F-16 aircraft as an avionics systems technician required
- Mechanics will be required to provide their own tools to perform this work.
- Extensive knowledge required in the following areas:
- Electrical,electronics, and mechanical principles relating to electrical systems.
- Concepts and application of maintenance directives
- Meaning of symbols used in wiring diagrams, blueprints, and schematics.
- Proper handling, use, and disposal of hazardous waste and materials.
- Electronic combat principles
- Work will require a high level of hand dexterity and finger use in both hands, close vision corrected/uncorrected to 20/20, prolonged periods of standing and sitting in combination with stooping, bending, reaching, pulling, and pushing, as well as ability to lift 25lbs and over with assistance.
- Normal color vision as defined in AFI 48-123, Medical Examinations and Standards is mandatory for this specialty.
Work Environment (ADA)
- May be required to work in areas in the hangar and on the flight line that are noisy and dusty. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment, when applicable.
- This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret security clearance.
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.