Aircraft Mechanic II - Avionics - Per Diem and Sign on Bonus
ZENETEX has become a major force in the field of aircraft maintenance. We proudly support all four branches of the military in performing Organizational, Intermediate, and Depot level aircraft, ground vehicle, and component maintenance. We employ over 900 qualified Aircraft Mechanics across the United States and overseas. A new Contractor Field Team (CFT) contract award has created the opportunity for an Avionics Mechanic II to support the 115th MXG at Truax Field ANG, Madison, WI. This position will require an active DoD Secret clearance to start. Sign-on incentives available to include per diem and a sign-on bonus! Description
- Provide technical guidance on maintenance operations on the F-16 aircraftPerforms maintenance and interprets and advises on maintenance procedures and policies to repair aircraft and related equipment
- Recommends methods to improve equipment performance and maintenance
- Maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty
- Maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components, and applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions, and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation
- Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufacturers' manuals
- Makes entries in aircraft logs and records, and is responsible for providing guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or maintenance efforts
- Work requires knowledge of electronic principles involved in a number of applications such as radar, data processing, and data display
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of related experience, with at least two years of recent experience in aircraft maintenance support with two years on F-16 aircraft as an avionics technician, preferred
- Must have the ability to remove and replace F-16 aircraft parts and accessories/components, and the skill to make adjustments and settings according to established Technical Data Specifications
- Must have excellent organizational skills in prioritizing workload to meet aircraft delivery schedule, and the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Work will require a high level of hand dexterity and finger use in both hands, close vision corrected/uncorrected to 20/20, prolonged periods of standing and sitting in combination with stooping, bending, reaching, pulling, and pushing, as well as the ability to lift 25 lbs and over with assistance.
- Work Environment (ADA)
- May be required to work in areas in the hangar and on the flight line that are noisy and dusty. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment, when applicable.
- This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.