Aircraft Mechanic II - Electrician
ZENETEX has become a major force in the field of aircraft maintenance. We proudly support all four branches of the military in performing Organizational, Intermediate, and Depot level aircraft, ground vehicle, and component maintenance. We have an immediate opportunity for an F-16 Aircraft Mechanic II (Electrician) to support our Tucson ANGContractor Field Team. This position will require an active DoD Secret clearance to start. Description
- Provides input to Maintenance Engineering Changes (MEC), Estimated Cost of Damage preparation (ECOD) and assists in the recommendation of changes to (MWO)
- Maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components
- Applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions, and applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation
- Applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as blueprints or manufactures#8217; manuals
- Troubleshoots, inspects, removes, installs, repairs, modifies, overhauls, and operates aircraft E&E systems, components, and associated support equipment
- Uses electrical, electronic, pneumatic, and other tests other support equipment
- Operationally checks all system, sub-systems, and associated line replaceable unit (LRU) removal and installation
- Interprets and advises on maintenance procedures and policies to repair aircraft and related equipment
- Recommends methods to improve equipment performance and maintenance
- High school diploma, or equivalent, with successful completion of related military or commercial courses. Courses in basic electronics, mathematics, general science, and mechanics are desirable
- Minimum of 4 years total experience in Fighter/Bomber aircraft maintenance support
- Ability to remove and replace aircraft parts IAW established Technical Data Specifications.
- 2 years of recent experience on F-16 aircraft as an electrician required
- Extensive knowledge is required of electrical, electronic, and mechanical principles relating to E&E systems; concepts and application of maintenance directives; meaning of symbols used in wiring diagrams, blueprints, and schematics; and proper handling, use, and disposal of hazardous waste and materials
- Mechanics will be required to provide their own tools to perform this work
- Work will require a high level of hand dexterity and finger use in both hands, close vision corrected/uncorrected to 20/20, prolonged periods of standing and sitting in combination with stooping, bending, reaching, pulling, and pushing, as well as the ability to lift 25lbs and over with assistance.
- Normal color vision as defined in AFI 48-123, Medical Examinations and Standards is mandatory for this specialty.
- prolonged periods of standing and sitting in combination with stooping, bending, reaching, pulling, and pushing, as well as the ability to lift 25lbs and over with assistance.
Work Environment (ADA)
- May be required to work in areas in the hangar and on the flight line that are noisy and dusty. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment, when applicable.
- This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret security clearance.
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.