Spur Aviation Services, LC. is a Part 135 Wildland Firefighting Company. We are offering immediate openings for Airframe and Power plant (A&P) Mechanics at our location in the beautiful State of Idaho. As an A&P Mechanic, you will be responsible for maintaining and servicing Turbine and Piston aircraft throughout the year. While the large maintenance period occurs during the winter months, during the summer time the majority of time will consist of servicing aircraft on the road. These hours are flexible with some on-call periods and summer work is performed outside. Responsibilities:
- Typical maintenance operations, such as removal and replacement of aircraft and power plant components in accordance with Company Maintenance SOP, Manufacturer/OEM approved data
- Troubleshoot, repair, clean, service, inspect, modify, replace, overhaul aircraft and aircraft systems using approved data to ensure airworthiness
- Follow all applicable specifications to accomplish each specific task
- Develop work plans and meet schedule estimates
- Follow all safety procedures and specifications
- Complete all required paperwork, maintain proficient records of repairs
- Use and operate all equipment in a safe manner
- Communicate effectively with management and team members
- Requires flexible schedule, working nights and weekends when the job requires (during fire season).
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Airframe and Power plant (A&P) Rating
- 3-5 years of aircraft maintenance experience
- Willing to work flexible hours during fire season and be on-call at various times
- Willing to accomplish maintenance in an outdoor environment during fire season
- Willing to do some traveling and overnight stays during the fire season.
- (amount of overnight stays are few)
Desired but not required Qualifications and Skills:
- Pilots License
- Twin Commander maintenance experience
- Garrett engine maintenance experience (or at least turboprop engine maintenance experience)
- Company offers a long-term stable work environment with a competitive salary and benefits.
Pay: Competitive wage depends on experience How to apply: Please submit a resume for immediate consideration. Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Employment at Spur Aviation is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check, drug screening, and a current physical. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. Job Type: Full-time