Job SummaryAerotek Aviation is currently hiring an A P Mechanic with General Aviation experience for a contract to hire/direct position for a company based in Rock Hill, SC that specializes in General Aviation aircraft sales, servicing and maintenance. This is a full-time long term position with great opportunity for growth within a tight nit and well established company. Pay Rate: $25.00 - $30.00 an hour (based on experience) Terms: Contract to Hire OR Direct Placement (based on experience interview) Shift: 1st shift, Monday - Friday Job Duties:
- Perform inspections (50-hour, 100-hour, annual, etc.), maintenance (scheduled and unscheduled), troubleshooting, and/or installations on General Aviation aircraft (Pilatus and Piper primarily) as needed per customer requested.
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks in a safe and accurate manner
- Perform tasks using the appropriate parts, and in accordance with appropriate manufacturers instructions or as prescribed by lead/inspector
- Maintain adherence to the operating parameters of the Repair Station Manual
- Properly document work completed, parts removed, parts requested, or on-the-job training received
- Accountable for time expenditures on jobs in progress, with an accurate record of time worked shown daily on timecard
- Maintain working knowledge of current airworthiness directives, service bulletins, service letters, and the like
- Provide own toolbox and professional quality tools as necessary to perform the work (See in additional information for tools)
- Must be able to properly complete paperwork associated with the assigned tasks including work orders, tags, timecards, parts requests, and training forms.
- Valid FAA A P License
- 3 -5 years of General Aviation Maintenance Experience
- Pilatus or Piper Aircraft Maintenance experience highly preferred
- PT6 Engine experience highly preferred
- Must have A P Tools and Tool Box