Avionics Line Technician
We're always looking to hire the best#8230;
Here at Mountain Aviation, our employees provide exceptional service to our long-time jet charter clients, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. What makes Mountain Aviation a great place to work? Not only are we the best Aircraft Charter, Management, and Maintenance operator in the Rocky Mountain Region, we offer flexible schedules, competitive salaries, and great employee benefits. We also offer professional growth opportunities to all of our employees pursuing a stable and successful career in aviation. Currently, we are accepting inquiries from both aspiring aviation professionals as well as seasoned industry experts. After reading through the entire job post, if you believe you would be a valuable member of our team, we encourage you to apply.
This position serves as a full-time Avionics Line Technician for Mountain Aviation. The experienced ALT will be responsible for avionics troubleshooting,repairs, and installation assistance. Attention to detail is of utmost importance as this position requires following instructions and manuals precisely.
To provide Airworthy Avionics Installation, Troubleshooting and Repair:
- Adherence to Mountain Aviation Part 145 Repair Station Manual
- Adherence to Mountain Aviation Part 135 General Maintenance Manual
- Adherence to aircraft manufacturer instructions manuals
- Adherence to STC Holder Instructions for installation and continued airworthiness
- Adherence to avionics equipment manufacturer instructions manuals
- Adherence to avionics and aircraft electrical industry standards and best practices
- Coordination with Quality Control for timely FAA Approval and paperwork completion
- Assist maintenance team as needed with additional duties as allowed by law
To Protect Customer Aircraft by:
- Applying appropriate protection to aircraft interior and exterior before starting work
- Checking inventory
- Securely storing any removed equipment furnishings
To Report to the Avionics Manager for:
- Assignment of daily tasks
- Coordination of Aircraft IN/OUT schedules
- Updates on current project progression and potential technical issues
- Submission of requests for needed tooling/equipment/parts and manuals
- Requests for PTO and other work schedule changes
To provide Avionics Shop Professionalism by:
- Adhering to the Tool/Equipment Accountability System
- Maintaining clean and organized workbenches, stations, and modification locations on the aircraft
- Organizing shop consumables and reordering of needed supplies
- Ensuring overall shop cleanliness and addressing safety issues
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities we would like you to have:
- 3-5 years experience with avionics line troubleshooting
- Familiarity of industry standard test equipment and installation tooling and equipment
- Adept in workplace safety
- Understanding of applicable FARs as it pertains to business jets.
- Knowledge of computers and electronic software applications.
- Strong time and workflow management dkills
- AAS Degree in Avionics/Electrical or Equivalent Technical Schools
- A P Certificate Preferred or Equivalent Experience
- Own appropriate avionics tech/mechanic hand tools
- Ability to fabricate, install, modify, and repair aircraft avionics electrical harnesses and connectors
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, structural drawings, and installation manuals
- Current Colorado driver's license
Work Conditions Physical Requirements:
- FAR Part 135 aircraft maintenance in a hangar and ramp environment
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Good vision and depth perception
- Health, Dental, Vision, and voluntary Life Insurance available first of the month following date of hire.
- Company paid Life, AD D and Long Term Short Term Disability
- 401k with company match at 3% after 3 months of employment.
- PTO accrual starting immediately upon hire
- Did we mention, we are located in the beautiful State of Colorado?
Mountain Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.