Avionics Tech - Back Shop
PDS is seeking Avionics Back-Shop Technicians for long term opportunities in Mobile, AL. The technician will diagnose malfunctions using technical orders, schematics, wiring diagrams, integrated test systems and other test equipment. Primary Responsibilities:
- Perform day to day maintenance, repairs, testing, and troubleshooting of avionic systems.
- Perform repair, replacement, testing, and troubleshooting of various avionics systems.
- Perform testing with oscilloscope, signal generators , and multi-meters.
- Troubleshot equipment that utilizes HF, VHF, UHF, SHF Communications and Radar systems.
- Perform soldering of electrical components.
- Perform single pin, multi pin, and coaxial connector repair and replacement.
- Read and interpreted aircraft blueprints, drawings, manuals, and wiring diagrams.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Ability to inspect and install digital avionics equipment.
Education:Required High School diploma or equivalent. Required:
- Prior avionics experience is required.
- Prior experience in aircraft maintenance required.
- Familiar with turbo prop aircraft is a plus.
License/Certifications preferred:Certified by FAA with a current Air-frame and Power Plant license is preferred PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.