Avionics Technician - Springfield, IL (CORP) ***TRAVEL PAY***-TEMP to PERM Position
Type of aircraft: Avionics TechnicianLongevity: **Temp to Perm**Type of work environment: Corporate Summary
- Installs, tests, troubleshoots, and/or repairs electrical/avionics equipment and systems, including Flight Management Systems (FMS,) Satcom and Airborne Radio Telephone Systems, EGPWS/TAWS, communications, navigation, radar, TCAS/XPDR, DME, autopilot/flight director, audio, ADF, Cabin Management/In-flight Entertainment (IFE), and other sophisticated avionics/electronics systems.
- Routes wire throughout aircraft tying into both new and factory installed wire bundles, and may assist in functional check-out and troubleshooting of all wiring systems.
- Performs less difficult assignments without assistance or supervision.
- Care and precision must be exercised in order to ensure quality installations, on-time deliveries, and satisfied customers.
- Directly and openly communicates with customers regarding the status and time frame of repairs.
- As customers are on site at the facilities, professional appearance and communication skills are required in order to create a positive and lasting professional relationship.
- • Fabricates wiring harnesses; solders connector plugs; strips and hand lugs wiring; identifies wiring and fabricates and installs surface control indicating systems; performs terminal splicing; wires junction boxes; routes wiring and conduit; and performs any other electrical bench or installation work as necessary to complete the electrical repair or modification of the aircraft.
- •Uses electrical hand tools, testing equipment, and soldering equipment.
- •Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- •Adheres to shop standards, various manufacturers#8217; standards and practices and has knowledge of various federal and military standards including FAA Advisory Circulars.
- •Works fair share of overtime and travels to customer locations or other Standard Aero facilities as required.
- •Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
Key Words: Avionics, Avionic, Electrical, FCC, Aviation, Aircraft, Technician, Mechanic, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
Tool required: YES Years#8217; experience : Five to seven years experience in electronics and/or avionics in the aviation industry or military equivalent.Business Jet experience preferred**Temp to Perm** License requirements: FCC and A&P PreferredSpecific aircraft experience required: Corporate
- Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
- •May perform other duties as required by the department.
- Position Requirements #8226;High school diploma or equivalent.
- •AET Preferred.
- •A&P license preferred.
- •Formal avionics systems and/or electronics education/training.
- •Two to three years experience in electronics and/or avionics in the aviation industry or military equivalent.
- • Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, walk, bend, stretch, and climb ladders.
- • Must have the ability to think clearly, speak intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
- • Must have the ability to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools, computer keyboards, and telephones.
- • Must be able to see to disassemble and visually inspect.
- • Must be able to hear to detect the sources of problems.
- • Must have excellent hand-to-eye coordination.
- • Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees.