Engine Technicianx2013; Edwards AFB CA
Date Posted:2020-11-04-08:00Country:United States of AmericaLocation:PW126: Edwards AFB 295 N. Wolfe Ave, Bldg 3810, Edwards AFB, CA, 93524 USAPerform the work necessary to ensure engine production requirements and ensure quality standards are met for the overhaul and repair or test of F-135, F-119, gas turbine engines or modules and associated new technologies. This maintenance requirement will include engines installed in the F-35 and F-22 aircraft as well as uninstalled engines in the back shop environment.Understand maintenance information from team leaders through coordination with Technical Leads, Immediate Supervisor and Site Manager.Interface and coordinate with various other functions (Quality, Local FSRs, BEMs, Customers; U.S Air Force, LMAC etc.) to resolve issues and ensure timely product delivery.Complete, on a daily basis, the work priorities and assigned day-to-day tasks necessary to build, test and inspect Pratt and Whitney F135F22 gas turbine engines.As required, work with Flight Test engineering to improve methods and processes to build engines and related component test hardware.Mechanics will work directly with FSR/FSE with interpretation of technical data and troubleshooting of engine/module issues and will be available if criteria needs clarification. If a process is added or changed the mechanics preforming the task will communicate directly with the FSR/FSE assigned to the engine/module
- High School graduate or GED
- Candidate must have experience 3+ years in the disassembly, inspection, and assembly of gas turbine engines
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
- Must be a US Citizen due to federal contracts.
- Previous experience in Aerospace/Military Aircraft-tear down/buildup of jet engines
- This position requires an individual who is detail oriented.
- Familiarity with flight line maintenance operations
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, and Word).
- Proven ability to use and interpret electronic technical manuals.
- Bore scope experience
- Prefer a candidate that has an Active Secret Clearance
- Airframe and Powerplant License is a plus.