Field Service Representative
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with usWe are seeking a Field Service Representative for Tokyo’s Haneda airport to supporting Airline customer in JapanJob responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Contributes to or leads a team to develop customer support plan and executes strategy
- Provides airline operations support and maintains company presence at customer location
- Monitors fleet status and operational issues. Reviews aircraft fleet reliability issues and develops solutions
- Represents the company and customer on internal/external issues
- Identifies opportunities to leverage company products and services
- Develops and implements recommendations to improve operational performance
- Develops action plans, coordinates resources to provide solutions and resolve Aircraft on Ground (AOG) situations
- Validates or reviews effectiveness of company provided solutions, takes corrective action and develops recommendation for process/product improvements
- Develops and conducts targeted training
- Provides guidance and consultation to customers related to a broad range of technical and operational issues. Reviews and monitors fleet operational status and responds to customer requests. Conducts onsite in-depth research of company and customer data to resolve a broad range of issues and provide responses. Consults with company resources on technical support and status. Assesses Company responses for effectiveness.
- Conducts root-cause analysis of customer and company fleet data to identify/evaluate trends and opportunities to increase dispatch reliability. Reviews customer maintenance operations/programs and provides recommendations to improve efficiency and increase aircraft availability. Conducts process improvement projects to increase customer self-sufficiency and/or reduce the demand for support. Validates or reviews effectiveness of company provided solutions, develops corrective and preventative action plans.
- Establishes field base. Maintains location-specific data and provides required customer specific reports for company visibility. Leads meetings between customer and company representatives. Manages customer expectations and demand for company resources. Maintains situational awareness and provides visibility of management level customer concerns.
- Implements aircraft entry into service plans. Consults with customer and provides training and assistance with issues related to the maintenance, operations, troubleshooting, fault rectification and deferring Minimum Equipment List (MEL) items for aircraft models new to the airline. Provides hands-off assistance to customer in turn-around and dispatch of aircraft on the flight line. Assesses customers new fleet readiness and develops support plan.
- Understands the customers requirements and project manages company resources to develop action plans that provide/ensure customized solutions for aircraft in AOG situations. Tracks progress of the solution and maintains company and customer situational awareness. Conducts follow-up with the customer to ensure customized solutions are received and meet expectations.
- Identifies and evaluates customers business priorities and success criteria. Links company resources and priorities to develop or contributes to the development of strategy and support plan to achieve customers operational objectives. Develops, deploys and monitors customer support plan and takes action to meet performance objectives.
- Identifies opportunities to leverage company products to meet customer specific requirements. Provides visibility of significant customer in-service problems and opportunities. Provides advice on the development of the sales strategy and proposal. Identifies potential products and services offerings.
- Monitors resolution of spare parts delivery and communicates with stakeholders regarding warranty and claims processing issues. Evaluates sales agreements to interpret customer entitlements. Develops technical and operational content for warranty and spares issues. Consults with customer regarding company charging policies.
- Analyzes customers requirements and develops and conducts targeted training. Assesses training effectiveness and takes action to improve training delivery.
The work location will initially be near Haneda airport in a Field Service office supporting Airline customer in Haneda, but future work locations may also include Narita, Okinawa, or other locations in Japan. It is expected that a successful candidate will be willing to work a rotation of 2 to 3 years in any Field Service office in Japan as part of career development/growth.Basic Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and/or EASA / FAA License or its equivalent is required.
- Minimum 6 years related work experience
- Fluent in both English Japanese languages.
Desired Skills:Knowledge:Completely understands and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, and concepts.Problem Solving:Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems referring to established precedents and policies.Discretion:Receives general direction for work that is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Participates in determining objectives of assignment; plans, schedules, and arranges own activities to accomplish those objectives.ImpactExerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives typically have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization.Liaison:Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.