Ground Support Equipment Mechanic
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Mechanics perform routine maintenance as well as minor/major repairs of ground equipment and automobiles. Repairs are made in a garage, or outdoor on the ramp. Responsibilities include repair and overhaul of ground support equipment, troubleshoot and maintain equipment in a safe condition, perform preventative and routine servicing. Maintain tools and support equipment in safe and operational working conditions keeping work areas clean and free of hazards. Other duties as assigned.
* Previous experience or training as an automotive mechanic
* Available to work all shifts, all days
* Possess effective communication skills both verbal and written
* Basic computer skills
* At least 18 years of age
* Valid Driver#8217;s License with a clean driving record
* Post-secondary degree or training program
* Experienced with automotive, truck or heavy machinery including gas, diesel, and electric equipment
* Airport ramp environment, weather variations and elevated noise levels
* Work weekends, nights, holidays and/or irregular shifts
Moderate physical activity, stooping, bending, kneeling. Handle objects up to 70 pounds regularly, up to 100+ pounds occasionally with assistance from co-workers or tools.
The above statements provide a brief description of the general nature of work performed and not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position. Duties and expectations are subject to change as needed.
Employment is contingent upon a clear Driving Record, 10-year Criminal History Records Check, and Drug Screen as required. We also require proof of High Sc hool or GED completion.
Benefit package includes paid training, holiday pay, 401(k), vacation, family travel on the American Airlines network, medical and dental available.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
Exceptional Aviators #8211; Major Opportunities