- Performs dismantling and assembly of complete engines, modules, components and assemblies in accordance with all customer, regulatory, and company requirements using hand or power tools.
- Troubleshoots to identify problems and adjusts and repairs products according to specifications and established procedures.
- Interprets technical specifications, directives and relevant publications to identify product discrepancies and deficiencies.
- Interprets technical standards, drawings, specifications, and other relevant documentation using mechanical precision measuring tools and instruments as required; verifies the conformance of parts to manuals and blueprints with respect to measurements.
- Uses machines, tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, plant equipment and consumables necessary to carry out the required tasks.
- Checks for serviceability, conformity documentation completeness and compatibility to applicable standards.
- Replaces defective parts and reassembles units ensuring conformance with applicable regulations and manufacturers specifications.
- Maintains detailed repair and certification records and reports of work performed.
- Assures that only airworthy equipment is available for the safe and timely completion of customers engines, modules, components and assemblies.
- Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
- Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
- Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
- Participates in cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services, including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. The company is a global enterprise that employs nearly 6,000 employees worldwide with annual revenues approaching $3 billion. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components and energy markets. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.StandardAero is owned by The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG), a global investment firm with deep industry expertise that deploys private capital across four business segments: Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global Credit and Investment Solutions.StandardAero is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret schematics, graphs, blueprints, and other technical information.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
- Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods.
- High degree of mechanical aptitude, accuracy and precision.
- Extensive product knowledge of respective business segment.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the proper use of precision measuring equipment.
- Working knowledge of production management computer systems and other related internal control systems.
- Ability to follow and understand related company instructions, company processes, overhaul manuals, and original equipment manufacturer's manuals.
- Specialized training in engineering or aircraft maintenance (AME, A P, AMT); or equivalent.
- Experience as an aircraft mechanic in an aerospace environment.
- Ability to work day shift or second shift as required.
- F110 engine MRO experience preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.