Product Development Technician Opto-Mechanical
Must be available for 1st or 2nd shift.Hourly Bargaining Unit employee responsible for the manufacture, fabrication and test of highly complex space optic and fiber optic developmental hardware for electro-optical-mechanical systems, units, control devices and associated equipment. Candidate must be able to determine methods, sequence of operations, lay out, fabricate, assemble, test, troubleshoot, self-inspect, and perform repairs on developmental and production electronic circuitry of control devices, units, sub-systems, systems and associated test equipment. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Works from preliminary design drawings, sketches, schematics, oral and written instructions.Determines sequence of operations to fabricate, assemble, troubleshoot and test electro-optical-mechanical development systems, sub-systems, units, control devices and associated test equipment as specified by engineering and research and Development (RD) Assistants.Fabricates, assembles, calibrates, troubleshoots, and tests standard or special instruments and test equipment. Performs fiber splicing and connector attachment for all types of optical fiber using both hand and automated tooling.Sets up, operates a variety of standard and specialized opto-electronic test equipment in conducting test to determine the quality of electro-optical-mechanical equipment or multiple banks of inter-related electro-optical-mechanical equipment. Diagnoses the cause of malfunctions and makes necessary adjustments.May assist engineers and RD Assistants in the design of chassis and optical test equipment exercising technical judgment in establishing details, selecting components and making substitutions.Records and reduces test data as required and may prepare reports, charts and graphs and assist in presentations to cognizant engineers and RD Assistants.May use had and power tools and equipment as necessary in order to perform above duties. Performs rework and repair of the same nature and level of difficulty as described. Performs incidental related duties as assigned.
- Four years of experience manufacturing environment or test operations.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Understanding of basic electronic and/or Electro-Opto-Mechanical theory.
- Knowledge of general manufacturing processes including mechanical assembly, circuit card assembly, and testing operations.
- Ability to operate computer equipment for hardware performance data collection, retrieval of electronic design or manufacturing documents, preparation of reports, charts, graphs, etc.
- Ability to use hand and power tools and automated equipment as necessary in order to perform duties listed above.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- US Citizen
- Understanding of basic electronic and/or Electro-Optical-Mechanical theory.
- Ability to obtain and maintain J-STD Soldering Cert
- Ability to perform wire-wrap
- Knowledge in the use of o-scopes, network analyzers, signal generators, etc
- HS Diploma required, Associates degree preferred
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.