Job Title: Project ManagerReports to: Shift Manager/VP, OperationsLocation: Miami, FLPosition: Permanent #8211; Full TimeSalary: Competitive Pay Our client offers their team members a long-term career pathway and the opportunity to work with a great team! Building and retaining the best team in aviation is their priority #8212; and so is promoting from within. Their team members benefit from very competitive compensation and benefits programs, tuition reimbursement, mentorship, training and leadership development, plus much more! Join their team if you want to make a difference in the quality and safety of aircraft transporting our family, friends and service members. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and directs the maintenance functions to provide airworthiness upon completion of the tasks assigned or required by the customer.
- Provides adequate tools, parts, materials and support equipment, facilities and sufficient personnel to perform required functions.
- Ensures that all maintenance and repair work is properly recorded and otherwise documented in a legible and timely manner.
- Ensures the correct use of tools and equipment required to properly accomplish assigned tasks.
- Cooperates fully with other departments to ensure the smooth operation of the company.
- Coordinates support as directed by the Planning Manager or Director of Maintenance.
- Ensures the proper training of the personnel under his/her direction and ensures that such training is properly documented in each individual's training record.
- Delegates responsibility to control (with assistance from the controller) the aircraft visibility work boards and/or work booths indicating work remaining and work in progress, as necessary.
- Ensures that personnel under his/her supervision provide estimates for all maintenance on non-pre-planned documents in a timely manner.
- Ensures that customer approval is obtained on original and revised estimates to accomplish maintenance on the customer's aircraft and components.
- In the absence of a Production Controller, monitors and controls the work documents in his/her area of responsibility according to company policy.
- Ensures that regardless of any delegation of duties, all responsibility is his/hers.
- Follows standards of behavior and appearance for all staff members.
- Asks questions as necessary to increase knowledge or skill.
- Maintains his/her work area in an orderly and clean manner.
- Records her/his work time worked as directed by her/his supervisor.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures which apply to her/him.
- Keeps her/himself informed of such policies and procedures and asks her/his supervisor for explanations of anything which s/he does not fully understand.
- Complies with all safety standards at all times, without exception.
- Takes those prudent actions to appropriate to the preservation of Company and/or customer assets, whether in monetary or other forms.
- Attends work-related training as scheduled.
- Performs such other tasks as may be reasonably assigned by her/his supervisor.
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in standard English.
- Advanced mechanical aptitude.Able to comprehend and follow instructions
- Able to interface in a professional and pleasant manner with other employees at all levels and with customers as required.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION FOR CONSIDERATION
- High school education or G.E.D. preferred.
- Minimum of five years' experience in aircraft maintenance on Airbus, Boeing, Bombardier, and Embraer.
- Holds current A P license in good standing.
- Qualified to function at the highest level in the maintenance department which she/he supervises (mechanical, sheet metal or avionics).
- Exposed to high levels of noise, dust, vibration and chemical fumes (within OSHA limits).
- Able to lift fifty pounds without mechanical assistance.
- Able to bend, twist, squat and lift.
- Able to access and work in all areas of the aircraft to be worked on, including confined areas.
- Able to work in extreme climatic conditions.
- Able to climb on ladders and platforms and work on heights up to 50 feet from the ground.
This vacancy is being advertised by TARCG INC. The services advertised by TARCG INC are those of an Employment Agency. Additional Keywords Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, cabin mechanic, aircraft mechanic, avionics, sheet metal worker, engineer, A318, A319, A320, A321, DC-9, MD-80, MD-90, CAE, B1, NDT, sheet metal, B2, B1.3, B757, B717, B737, B757, B767, EMB 145, EMB 135, MD -11, jet2, management, captain, cabin crew, first officer, quality, ATR, airworthiness, safety, manager, composite, technician, avionic, aw139, aircraft technician, operations, aircraft fitter, B1 engineer, flight dispatcher, maintenance, Embraer, painter, aircraft engineer, instructor, logistics, camo, fitters, cabin mechanic, director, A P mechanic, airframe mechanic, QA,QC, inspector, OEM, FAA, EASA, Part 145, Manager, Management, MRO, aviation, aircraft, airline, airplane, aviation management, TCO, KPI, director, flying, Analysis, aviation sales, operations, aviation repair, repair location