Quality Control (QC) Inspector
We're always looking to hire the best#8230;
Here at Mountain Aviation, our employees provide exceptional service to our long-time jet charter clients, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. What makes Mountain Aviation a great place to work? Not only are we the best Aircraft Charter, Management, and Maintenance operator in the Rocky Mountain Region, we offer flexible schedules, competitive salaries, and great employee benefits. We also offer professional growth opportunities to all of our employees pursuing a stable and successful career in aviation. Currently, we are accepting inquiries from both aspiring aviation professionals as well as seasoned industry experts. After reading through the entire job post, if you believe you would be a valuable member of our team, we encourage you to apply.
Mountain Aviation is hiring QC Inspectors in support of a government contract. This is a full-time position Monday-Friday, however because we are a 24/7 operation, some weekends, evenings, and holidays will be required. Although many of our employees are working remotely, the QC Inspector position requires being on-site at our Broomfield Headquarters.
The QC employee is responsible for the quality assurance maintenance operations within the company. The QCI contributes to safety and reliability by managing daily return to service activities, record reviews, internal audits and record-keeping requirements by effectively utilizing processes, procedures, and electronic databases.
- Review complete log entries and paperwork
- Assist with work orders
- Approve aircraft for return to service
- Remove aircraft from service
- Perform internal records reviews and audits
- Communicate with QC team on issues that arise and coordinate a plan
- Maintain current and accurate aircraft maintenance status in FOS
- Ensure all maintenance performed is in accordance with FAA and company manual requirements
- Communicate with all company departments the current status of aircraft with regards to Airworthiness
- Coordinate all items required for return to service
- Coordinate resolution for deferred discrepancies with company maintenance or contracted maintenance vendors
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure mx records are properly maintained and retrievable
- Provide current and adequate inspection forms and ensures proper completion
- Assist with RII Inspection activities
- Assist with revision currency of manuals
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable in all provisions of Mountain Aviation's GMM and those portions of the GOM relevant to maintenance.
- Knowledgeable in the details of the Operations Specifications that are relevant to maintenance.
- Knowledgeable in maintenance requirements pertaining to FAR Part 135 and other applicable regulations necessary for the proper performance of duties.
- Sufficient training in programs necessary to ensure regulatory compliance
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and prioritize daily tasks
- Secret Clearance Eligible
- Current FAA Airframe and Power Plant Certificate
- 3 years experience as an A P Mechanic
- Recent experience in aviation
- 2 years experience with a certified airframe repair station, including 1 year in the capacity of approving aircraft for return-to-service (preferred)
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language
- Valid Driver's License and US Passport
- Active Secret Security clearance and TS Eligible
- 5 Years Airframe and Powerplant experience
- Experience working in Part 135
- Experience working with Lears and Gulfstreams
- Current FAA Inspection Authorization (IA)
- Experience with the inspection programs associated to the types of aircraft Mountain Aviation operates
- Experience with maintenance tracking data base software applications such as CAMP Systems, Cescom, CMP and AvTrak
- Associates degree or equivalent trade school formal education.
- Long periods of sedentary activity working at a desk and utilizing a computer.
- Ability to work Monday - Friday 8-5pm with some required evenings and weekends
- Ability to work over-time as needed
- Must be available on-call outside of working hours
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in an office environment 40+ hours per week
- Health, Dental, Vision, and voluntary Life Insurance available first of the month following date of hire.
- Company paid Life, AD D, Short term Long Term Disability
- 401k with company match at 3% matching.
- PTO accrual starting immediately upon hire
Mountain Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.