Senior Aircraft Maintenance and Modification Planner
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Directly support the Directors of MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul) and Completions Sales in reviewing customer requirements, constructing bid estimates, and developing detailed work flow plans and production schedules for aircraft modification and maintenance projects. Coordinate with the Directors of Maintenance and Completions, along with Project Managers, to determine feasibility of potential work scope(s) with respect to workforce and facility capacity. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate with Sales, Engineering, Quality and Skill Managers to plan and schedule maintenance and modification work packages based on the availability of labor, tooling, materials and equipment to ensure minimum aircraft down time and a balanced work load.
- Assist Sales Directors in gathering data, including estimates of labor and materials for prospective projects in order to create accurate and realistic bid estimates.
- Plan and originate requisitions for materials required for potential projects, coordinating with Engineering, Purchasing and Logistics to ensure materials can/will be on hand when required.
- Plan project workloads and prepare work packages.
- Assist Sales Directors with completing bid estimates, coordinating with Operations personnel, as well as potential suppliers and vendors.
- Enter and manage data within the company#8217;s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, including libraries of tasks and materials to be used in current and future bid packages.
- Support senior staff with other tasks as required.
- Minimum of 5 years#8217; experience in aircraft maintenance, modification, repair and/or overhaul, including experience in Planning, Scheduling, Documentation and/or Project Management.Planning experience related to VVIP aircraft completions is highly desired.
- Familiarity with FAR Part 145 repair station, Part 121/135 airline and/or aircraft Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) policies and procedures.
- Undergraduate degree, or commensurate experience in a related field.
- Project Management certification a plus.
- Desired: Valid mechanic certificate with A&P ratings with experience on Boeing and Airbus aircraft.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff from various departments.
- Highly Desired: Prior experience with Corridor aviation maintenance software.