Senior Mechanical Engineer - Thermal Analyst (multi-grade)
We are Raytheon Technologies, an innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets where you’ll be part of a diverse global team working together to solve some of the most demanding challenges on the planet. We know that a diverse company is a strong company. Our employees come from different backgrounds. We value our different perspectives and styles of tackling the world’s most complex challenges and toughest threats. Diversity of thought is critical to the future of innovation.The Raytheon Missile and Defenses (RMD) Mechanical Product Team (MPT) leads in mechanical hardware design, development and production of radar, sonar, torpedo and combat system equipment. RMDs Mechanical Analysis and Test Team is seeking an energetic and motivated individual to fill a mechanical engineering position with concentration in thermal-fluid sciences to support our ground-based shipboard radar and undersea electronics team located in Marlborough, MA, with some responsibility for engineering oversight and support in other MA locations.The thermal-fluid design and analysis engineer is responsible for performing detailed thermal management and fluid flow analysis of mechanical systems. This role also supports environmental testing along with testing required for development of new thermal technologies via research development.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and conducting thermal-fluid analysis of electronic, mechanical and electromechanical systems and interpreting thermal analysis results.
- Providing technical guidance and direction for analytical tasks and thermal testing
- Writing cost estimates for analysis activities
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
skills, experience and responsibilities required for the positionRequired Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering disciplines, hard science, mathematics, or physics
- For Senior Mechanical Engineer II: Six (6) years of experience in thermomechanical engineering and/or analysis with experience in Finite Element modeling and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulations.
- For Principal Mechanical Engineer: Eight (8) years of experience in thermomechanical engineering and/or analysis with experience in Finite Element modeling and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulations.
- Engineering experience involving heat transfer and fluid flow
- Experience with any two of the following: electronics cooling, electronic packaging, heat exchangers, fans, pumps, piping systems, thermal control techniques or refrigeration systems
- US citizenship
Desired Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Advanced degree in aforementioned disciplines. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- Experience with application of thermal-fluid sciences to platforms for the defense industry, namely, RF devices, RF device packaging, cooling manifolds and flow distribution architectures
- Finite Element simulation skills with one or more of the following tools: ANSYS, NASTRAN, COSMOS, SOLARIA
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulations skills using one or more of the following tools: STAR CCM+, FLUENT, FLOTHERM, ICAPAK
- Knowledge of CAD and CAD software: Pro/E CREO, SOLIDWORKS, SPACECLAIM
- Working knowledge of materials and process specification is desirable
- Strong written and oral communications skills, good presentation and technical writing skills
- Interacts well with team members across various disciplines
Check us out on YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/raytheontechnologies173788
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.