Sheet Metal - AZ
SUMMARY: The Sheetmetal Technician works under general supervision to safely layout, fabricate, and install parts, equipment and fabricated items on aircraft following established operating procedures. All work performed should be in accordance with company design specifications, quality standards and completed work should meet customer expectations. DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES:Safely perform sheet-metal layout, fabrication, and installation of parts, equipment or fabricated items on aircraft under general supervision Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications Use complicated schematics/blueprints, engineering drawings and technical instructions to safely perform sheetmetal layout, fabrication, and installation of parts, equipment or fabricated items on aircraft Safely operate shop equipment such as: brakes, presses, riveting equipment, shears, and hand tools associated with sheet-metal functions
- Experience with jets such as ERJ, CRJ, Boeing and Airbus is required.
- Sheetmetal and/or fabrication experience
- Knowledge of sheetmetal or fabrication processes (forming, drilling, stamping, shaping, bending, punching, cutting, riveting, filing and dimpling)
- Experience in aerospace industry required
- Must be willing to work any shift including unscheduled overtime, nonscheduled work days and holidays as needed