Technician I, Avionics
SUMMARYThe Technician A, R/E is responsible for effectively performing R E routine work associated with heavy aircraft A, B, C and D checks.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Detailed knowledge of aircraft avionics and electrical systems.
- Understand engineering methodology for systems installations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
- Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
- Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared
- Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities
- Analytical skills: must be able to gather information and use data to determine cause and effect for complex problem solving a traditional warehouse environment.
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year related experience and/or training. - 3 years previous experience required.
- Must have an A P, FCC license or repairman certificate.
- Computer keypunch experience
- Previous experience in warehousing, handling inventory, and bar code equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENTThe physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- The environmental characteristic for this position is a warehouse setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional warehouse environment.