Immune Specific Accountabilities
- Recognizes and understands flight/product safety critical parts and processes.
- Responsible for immediately reporting flight/product safety concerns.
- Participates in proactive risk analysis of flight/product safety critical parts and processes.
- Recognizes and understands the Just Culture policy.
- Operates metal fabrication equipment in compliance with company operating procedures using welding processes called for on controlling documents such as gas tungsten arc (GTAW), gas metal arc (GMAW), flux-cored arc (FAW), plasma arc (PAW), shielded metal arc (SMAW), and resistance welding.
- Produces a variety of parts from shop drawings to conform to specifications.
- Reads and interprets blueprints or welding process specifications.
- Operates brazing and soldering equipment.
- Operates metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears, and other metal straightening and bending machines.
- Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
- Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
- Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
- Participates in cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services, including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. The company is a global enterprise that employs nearly 6,000 employees worldwide with annual revenues approaching $3 billion. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components and energy markets. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
StandardAero is owned by The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG), a global investment firm with deep industry expertise that deploys private capital across four business segments: Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global Credit and Investment Solutions.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints and welding process specifications.
- Thorough understanding of tool design and fabrication methods and processes.
- Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, reworks process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals and MSDS labels.
- Working knowledge of production management computer system and other related internal control systems.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
- Regularly required to sit for prolonged periods.
- Completion of a welding apprenticeship program; or equivalent.
- Attainment of trade certification.
- Attainment of applicable welding ticket(s).
The typical minimum level of education to perform this job competently is equivalent to high school graduation and completion of a diploma training program at a college or technical school. The person requires an ability to understand, utilize and communicate specialized information in speech and written text. This specialized training is often formalized and recognized by a specific certificate, diploma or license.
Directly/indirectly related work experience representing continuous learning and required for someone to perform this job competently is one to three years.
Ongoing work assignments typically have clearly defined goals. The incumbent's education, training, and previous experience ensure work assignments are successfully carried out because he/she understands what is expected, as well as the best approach to take.