A P TECHNICIAN
HQ Aero is currently recruiting for AP TECHNICIAN in HEBRON, KY
As the Airframe and Powerplant (AP) Technician, you will impact the customer39;s business growth by conducting aviation repairs and services that allow for operations to be on time. By executing maintenance procedures in compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations and company standards, you are ensuring safe and reliable flights.
As an AP Technician you will:
- Perform tasks necessary to comply with Federal Aviation Regulations and accept the responsibility for work performed by themselves and/or in conjunction with others and sign for same on the Company39;s approved forms.
- Keep work areas clean. Return all equipment and tools to assigned areas. AP Technicians will report all inoperative or faulty equipment to the Maintenance Supervisor or Lead Mechanic in charge.
- Work will consist of and include any and all phases of repair and maintenance of aircraft with the aid of the employee39;s own tools, specialty tools provided by the Company, the use of test equipment, and Company-supplied technical manuals.
- In certain cases, an AP Technician may be authorized to perform required inspection items and assist in Company training programs.
- Will at the commencement of each repair or inspection initiate the proper documentation. Parts tags will include a complete description of the discrepancy on all removed parts. Determine if the work to be performed is a Required Inspection Item.
- Verifying, through proper documentation, that any part installed on any aircraft or component is approved for that aircraft or component and has been visually inspected and is free of damage or contamination.
- Assure that hangar workshops and other areas assigned are maintained in an orderly manner.
- Responsible for the Company39;s Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor through the Lead Mechanic.
- Full-time, Direct Hire
- Sign on and Experience bonus up to $35,000 offered.
- Relocation Allowance where applicable.
Our customer offers the following benefits. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Travel privileges
- A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
- Medical, Dental Vision
- 401k with company match
- Profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
- Company-paid Group Life and ADD Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
- Perform other work as instructed by the Interiors Team Leader or Lead, if qualified.
- Act as an Interiors Team Leader or Interiors Lead, when required and if qualified for the position.
Qualifications, Experience Requirements:
- Current FAA Airframe and Powerplant certification.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid, state-issued Driver39;s License.
- Capable of using respirators and other personal protective equipment including eye and hearing protection.
- Must possess or have ability to obtain a U.S. Passport or equivalent within 90 days of starting position.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English.
- Must be able to demonstrate authorization to work in the US.
- Previous experience with CRJs
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work Environment : This job operates inside a climate-controlled building. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or listen. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop occasionally; lift weight up to 25 lbs.; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected by the successful applicant. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the successful applicant. The successful applicant may be asked to perform other duties as required.