Quality Assurance Inspector - Accessory Shop
West Star is the fastest growing maintenance repair organization in the industry and we recognize this is the result of our talented team of trusted employees working together to deliver customer service excellence. We are committed to providing our employees with personal and professional growth opportunities while fostering a culture of respect and well-being with a small company feel.
When you join our team we donrsquo;t think you should have to wait for your benefits to kick in. Thatrsquo;s why when you start, they start with you! This includes medical, dental, 401K match, time off accruals, weekly pay days and much more. We donrsquo;t want you to live to work, we want you to work and live.
What you can expect as a Quality Assurance Inspector at West Star:
This position overseersquo; s all assigned production work scopes to ensure all work accomplished is done in accordance with the West Star Repair Station Manual and the Federal Aviation Regulations. This will be accomplished while working with Program Managers, Team Leaders and Quality Control Inspectors. Perform work order surveillance and create maintenance log entries for all maintenance and modifications to aircraft assigned. Complete all FAA approval and return to service paperwork as required to support production and our customers. Assist Engineering personnel in assuring alterations and repairs are accomplished in accordance with the Federal Aviation Regulations. Ensure quality control and release of aircraft meet the West Star Repair Station Manual and FAA requirements. Job duties will vary each day.
You will be ESSENTIAL to many FUNCTIONS including:
- Perform all work order surveillance to ensure the work order represents the condition of the product or article at all times.
- Using the work order, create maintenance log entries that meet all return to service requirements.
- Analyze data and documents to author FAA form 337rsquo;s for Major Repairs and Alterations.
- Analyze data and documents for the creation of Weight and Balance Reports.
- Coordinate work scopes with Program Managers, Team Leaders and Quality Control Inspectors on a daily basis.
- Gather and organize all pertinent documentation for the customer at time of delivery and West Starrsquo;s work orders.
- Update and completion of FAA forms or records, including support of Engineering and Team Leaders to ensure return to service is accomplished expediently.
- Perform internal audits as required.
- Daily contact at assigned aircraft with Team Leader to ensure schedule and quality standards are met.
- Maintain customer oriented work habits.
- Effectively and clearly communicate (i.e., speak, write, read) in English
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
A High school diploma or equivalent.
A P License or Repairman Certificate will be required.
Inspection Authorization (IA) rating is recommended.
A valid driverrsquo;s license approved for airline travel and/or a valid passport is ideal, but not required
Your Experience :
Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheets.
Read electrical and structural prints recommended.
3 years turbine aircraft inspection experience with return to service authority required.
Previous log research experience recommended.
Customer service experience recommended.
Wersquo;re looking for team players who are self-motivated and able to perform in a fast paced environment where working under specific deadlines and time constraints will be common. Being detail oriented, maintaining accuracy and communicating clearly both written and verbally will be needed for success.
Your Sense of Responsibility:
Attend work every day as scheduled to include overtime and weekend assignments.
Notify supervisor in advance of shift starting if unable to work.
Must have reliable transportation to get to work each and every day.
Enter data and complete entries with high degree of accuracy.
Coordinate projects and maintain schedules as required.
Ensure good communication with management and personnel on all data needs.
Follow all company rules and FAA regulations during performance of duties.
Maintain customer oriented work habits for oneself and the department.
Actively work to maintain work order system current.
Lift and carry at least 25 lbs.
Bend, reach and stoop when around aircraft.
Sit at desk and / or computer for extended intervals.
Routinely walking short distances
Prioritize and control work load of self and department.
Work with others in a professional manner.
Work with new or upgraded computer systems.
Work with FAA personnel in interpretation and communication of regulations
Work with minimal supervision
The majority of work will be performed in an office environment
Some routine work in maintenance shop environment.
Some occasional work outside hangars may occur.
Eight hours days will be standard; however, occasional overtime may be required.
Computer systems including Corridor Aviation Service software, personal computers operating with Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and various other programs.
Telephone, fax and photocopier.