Sheet Metal Mechanic Specialist is responsible to maintain, modify and integrate components into major assemblies. You will be responsible for assisting in the development of co-workers, by coaching and mentoring other mechanics in best practices for quality objectives. You will be involved in activities like assembly, installation, and repairing of sheet metal, composite and products.
- Maintain, modify and install the various components of aircraft sheet metal and composite
- Rework, install and fabricate complex aircraft structural assemblies
- Use of precision measuring devices. i.e.; micrometer, ball gauges, dial calipers, scales and all other calibrated devices.
- Perform checks; carry out inspection and installation of components
- Maintain documented records of work accomplished
- Works from and to MES planning, engineering drawings, blueprints, manufacturing specifications and procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to pull/query from MES and MEDS
- Adheres to quality procedures and instructions both written and verbal.
- Notifies supervision of all malfunctions, defects and damages of material, equipment and/or product.
- Expected to keep all areas clean, neat and orderly.
- Preform visual and functional inspection of operations to ensure product meets all requirements and specifications.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of withholding tags with the ability to perform all requirements with minimal supervision.
- Assist in development of co-workers, by coaching and mentoring other mechanics
- Assure final quality acceptance of installation and configuration of all components.
- i.e.; rivets, fasteners, holes, sealant, torque and all other components that are applicable
- Ability to perform mechanical functions in any or all of the following examples: precision drilling, close tolerance holes, reaming, countersinking, cold working of metal, installation of rivets and fasteners.
- Adhere to all company policies and safety programs
- Identify planning errors
- May be required to perform other related job duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Accredited GED.
- 5 years of experience in aircraft sheet metal and/or equivalent structural assembly
- Ability to work independently with the knowledge and understanding of non-conformance tags, and the ability to perform repair requirements with minimal supervision
lifting, climbing, grasping, holding, standing, bending, stooping and ability to work over head