Structures Technician - Maryland
MUST have own tools. NO clearance Required.
As a Structural Technician IV, you will be using your skills and expertise to assemble and/or create major assembly structures and minor part-fitting operations such as filing, sawing, burring, trimming, framing, riveting, drilling and reaming.
Update job status on our operations database, translate blueprints into fabrications of structural assemblies to include basic layout, precision drilling, countersinking and the use of calibrated tools, align parts on jigs and aerospace vehicles using templates and fixtures, and measure parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions.
Responsible for heavy structural modifications on incomplete and complete assemblies and incorporating the changes into the structure, monitoring and verifying quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures, performing various maintenance duties and ensuring appropriate representation and communications occur between team members, team leads, quality control and engineering.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and typically 10 or more years of relevant experience
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Ability to understand and interpret moderately complex technical schematics, diagrams, blueprints, manuals and/or publications; ability to complete installations per technical drawings while maintaining edge distance and pitch
- Advanced experience with structure assembly, minor part fitting techniques and repair and refinishing such as airframe corrosion removal, as applicable
- Ability to install various fasteners such as rivets and hi-locks
- Must have own tools in good working order
- Tools - Etched and Shadowed
- Flexible with either 1st or 2nd shift. Monday - Friday. Weekends Off.
- Overtime Available
- Be able to clear a Background Check and Drug Test.