Superior Air Parts Announces Bill Ross Named National Aviation Technician of the Year
Superior Air Parts, Inc., announces that the company’s vice president of Product Support, William “Bill” Ross, has been named the General Aviation Awards (GAA) 2023 National Aviation Technician of the Year.
“I have had the pleasure of working with Bill for 22 years, and I can tell you that whether it’s writing articles, hosting forums, visiting our customers, or just talking to pilots, Bill is tireless in his efforts to help pilots understand how to operate their aircraft for greater efficiency and safety,” says Keith Chatten, CEO of Superior Air Parts. “Everyone who knows Bill knows he doesn’t do any of it for personal gain; that’s why we are delighted and grateful that the GAA’s awards committee has recognized his ongoing efforts with this award.”
“I can’t thank the GAA Awards Committee enough for this wonderful award,” Ross says. “I am so honored to be part of an impressive list of recipients, and I will continue to work hard to live up to what the award means.”
Ross's contributions and achievements over the years have been many. Among them, he is a:
- FAA A&P I/A
- commercial pilot and CFII
- host of Superior Air Parts’ EAA AirVenture Forum Series
- frequent keynote presenter for EAA, AOPA, ABS and other organizations
- author of “Engine Management 101,” with over 15,000 copies distributed
- member of Industry Board for Western Michigan University College of Aviation
- owner of a variety of aircraft, including a 1941 Boeing Stearman
- graduate of Alabama Aviation College in 1985
- graduate of University of South Alabama in 1994.
For questions or other inquiries about the Aviation Technician of the Year Award, contact the General Aviation Awards committee at Info@GeneralAviationAwards.com.